Share your Leveling and AAing tips

Discussion in 'General' started by jeet, Nov 8, 2018.

1. jeet

jeet Orc Pawn

I understand the best method is one group at a time and to get each group a bunch of AA's before moving on to the next. What I'm looking to hear about is what you do for those additional groups once you are ready to start powerleveling and getting them up asap.

Details like what buffs to run, group makeup, AAs, locations, pulls, mass pulls, powerleveling, out of group pulling/tanking, AoE, and so on would be great.

Thanks all!
    -Jeet

2. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

I either pull undead or pull with a bard and sing AE snare. If undead I pull with my SHD. I would do mass pulls, sing AE bard song (the PBAE clicky you can get in CLR 1.0 works too, but if you have bards song cheaper) then DS the crap out of the tank. DS don't count for deciding XP so XP goes to the one doing the PBAEs :p

3. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

I use the bard/enc/mag/ cleric leveling method.

Buff up enc. bard must be level 2 it gets the song chords of dissonance song.

Kurds>Unrest>Gunthak>LGuk is my path with undeads being the focus.

Pull with enc(no ward buff, it cancels out ds)

Get them back to bard, spam aoe stun about 6-7 times for agro. Switch to bard. Play chords of dissonance, let it tick on the mobs once ir twice. Back up bard, heal over time enc, mag cast DS on enc. enc spam sit. All exp goes to bards group. Mobs that are undead don’t run away.

I do this til 47, then I just aoe level til 70 in planes or something.

Good luck!

4. lanystvyl

lanystvyl Orc Pawn

I pl with shm, drui, chant, mage, cleric. They have all the right stuff.

5. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Method Mackal said. Use this in Kurns to 17 and then Kaesora to 45-50.
    Dulak to 55
    Barindu to 70.
    Barindu for AA.
    CoD may be better for aa, but I've never done it so I can't testify to it. You can save lesson in Barindu too by simply porting to pok and then porting back to Barindu.

I disagree with one group at a time. I got my first 6 up to 70 and got maybe 80 aa and then I made my second group (first group still had many naked slots). Got 2nd group to 70 with 0 aa and made my 3rd and 4th groups. Got them up to 70 and then AAed all 24 (some characters only had 3-5 pieces of gear). I only paused here to raid/flag because at the time my computer couldn't handle more. 8 or so months later I made my last 12 and AAed them during the last double exp. Did 12 characters from 1-70 and roughly 350aa each while also getting others in my original 24 aa during that time. I'm sure someone has me beat on that, but I thought it was really good.

6. jeet

jeet Orc Pawn

Thank you for the tips all. I've been trying the swarm DS method with the undead in Crescent Reach with my sk/druid/clr and having the bard aoe a little with good success, plus got a bunch of simple defiant gear. I'll probably move over to Unrest or Kaesora next.

So AA'd your whole raid, or just a group/few at a time?

7. emir

emir Orc Warlord

I use brd, SK Dru for powerlvling (dread Gaze aoe threat is $$$)
    --» Druid for DS
    One of the Plvlee need to be a bard for chords of disonance.
    1) Twist Chord on bard.
    2) *click out your DS* Pull without DS on SK.
    3) Dread gaze facing a wall.
    4) wait for Chord to hit the train
    5) cast DS
    6) Repeat from step 2

- Kurn tower (1-15)
    - Kaesora (16-46)
    and then I AoE to 70 and AA in my favorite zone

Just one group at a time, raid exp is a myth.

8. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

Chaining high DMG hit limited DRU+MAG DS is also very nice.

9. cream

cream GM Staff Member

dont listen to the SK loving heathens. #shadowknightabstinence.

10. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

When I said I AAed them at the same time I meant one group at a time with AE. So usually 4 toons getting exp with 2 wiz. Pull a train in barindu and ae aggro on SK and 2 war. Clerics and wiz definitely still get hit but usually it's fine because the mobs die fast. I have 4 wiz and 1 mag for ae.

There is also a lot to be said about grouping up all your toons such that 2 or so groups will likely get exp and just have those groups KS while you do stuff like clear trash on your way to raid targets. I cleared killed elemental raid named a bunch and would never form a raid. It actually adds up to a decent amount of exp, especially for a task you would be doing anyways in order to get gear.

11. WarnerEmels

WarnerEmels Orc Pawn

Just a topic to share your experience with Ecere and ideas that come to your mind when learning and using Ecere.