Nerding Hard

Discussion in 'General' started by Ridiculous, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Ridiculous

Ridiculous Orc Pawn

So I have been getting my nerd on with the scripting of the bots, working with buffs/heal and looking at the bot logic in general. As many know Xcrom has been MIA but with my toying with second/third group formations and out of group buff bots or out of group utility bots I have started to look at using logic in this regard. For example, check the targets level, select appropriate spell or check group makeup and select the best buffs taking into account number of buffs on target - etc.

Does anyone have any code they have been working on or used that does this or anything similar? I am completely green with this but my profession is essentially a professional scripter so I should be able to acclimate myself. Rather than start from the ground up, or at least for now - it would be greatly beneficial to see what works and how to warp my head around what is trying to be accomplished.

Any references or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Napharious

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. kaleep

kaleep Orc Pawn

My normal method is I class each bard aa a tank bard, caster bard, or melee bard. Then cast on that bard whatever is appropriate. Bards are my go to group leaders because I have one in each group.

3. Ridiculous

Ridiculous Orc Pawn

I have a second (and third group) built (bards included!). I was tinkering with buff_bots with my main group for PLing them. It became clear that I would have to 'tone down' my spells to land on < 46 toons. To avoid this I was hoping to build some logic in my bots to check class/level and possibly group composition (including PLing group) to have my buff bots cast the appropriate buffs and not have to change my bot.inis when powerleveling. I know Xcrom would check your character level and cast the level appropriate spells. Was looking into how this is done so I could add similar logic to my PL buff bots (mostly for giggles - it isn't a huge deal to have to change the inis). Thought it would be a fun adventure in learning how E3 works, etc.

4. RorzeGaming

RorzeGaming Orc Pawn

I dont even Kaleep read your question or even understood it.. I would love it if someone added something like this to the bot ini files, hoping someone replies with a method.

5. RorzeGaming

RorzeGaming Orc Pawn

Also, I usually end up making seperate bot ini files for my healers/buffers when PLing alts cause I use the same bots that follow my guys around.

6. kosmoss

kosmoss Orc Pawn

i went with caveman metod, i made simple macro that send tells to buffers, since lvl one group take couple hours of gaming, and making bot buff macro would take more time (i have no knowledge about programming).

Code:
    #turbo
    Sub Main

/t Liiph Pack Chloroplast
        /delay 2s
        /t Horor Boon of the Clear Mind
        /delay 2s
        /t Ranida Tumultuous Strength
        /delay 2s
        /t Liiph Legacy of Spike
        /delay 2s
        /t Wedos Blessing of Temperance
        /delay 2s
        /t Liiph Pack Spirit
        /delay 2s
        /mac e3

/return
    Code:
    #turbo
    Sub Main

/t Liiph Regrowth of the Grove
        /delay 2s
        /t Horor Gift of Pure Thought
        /delay 2s
        /t Wedos Blessing of Aegolism
        /delay 2s
        /t Ranida Talisman of the Rhino
        /delay 2s
        /t Liiph Legacy of Thorn
        /delay 2s
        /t Horor Speed of the Brood
        /delay 2s
        /mac e3

/return

7. Ridiculous

Ridiculous Orc Pawn

Currently I fiddled with the inis and have three copies of them that I launch via the autologin script/bat. It will copy/replace the inis depending on which group is being loaded. When I started looking into the code I thought that making the bot logic to check toons/level/class/group would be a good learning experience on how to code for MQ2. Like I said before copies the inis isn't a huge pain, just thought that making the logic would be fun (in my nerdy way). Though, thank you for posting these - I will forward them to my friend who has no interest in coding or making multiple inis.

8. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

When I PL a new group I don't buff them at all until they are lvl 61. 61 is when all buffs can land on them. They never hit, or get hit until then anyways.

9. Kmpec

Kmpec Orc Pawn

Hi. I have put everything together and it works fine up until the server screen were it stops. Any ideas? I have changed the server name according to post above.