Ornate Defiant drops

Discussion in 'General' started by RorzeGaming, Nov 29, 2018.

1. RorzeGaming

RorzeGaming Orc Pawn

I was trying to farm some Ornate Defiant and couldnt get any to drop after farming what I guess was about 100 mobs in Dulak harbor, then I went looking into mqemulator.net to check the loot tables.

I saw this loot table. http://mqemulator.net/npc.php?id=225102&view=droptables
    and noticed the droplimit is set to 0 on the Ornate Defiant global loot table, not sure if that means once the droplimit of 0 is met, it will stop dropping Ornate Defiant or it was just the 2% drop rate that caused me to not get any drops.

the quote below is from caveman, on eqemu.

2. slaybackaskani@aol.com

slaybackaskani@aol.com Orc Centurion

I would love to see the drop rates increased. I leveled a group from 0-70 recently and didn't have a full set on any one character while having characters that need all different types (plate, leather, cloth, chain). Would be nice to be able to deck out a group before they are turning 70 while hunting in hot zones especially.

3. RorzeGaming

RorzeGaming Orc Pawn

or not stop them from dropping at 47.

4. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

The npc lvl determines the drops. I get 1 to 4 pieces per zone clear. Seems more than reasonable for out of era gear added in early.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wayward

Wayward Orc Pawn

I levelled a group from 0-70 and got like 10 pieces of defiant overall - not just ornate. So a couple pieces of ornate I'd say is pretty good. /shrug

6. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

You don't get that much defiant leveling on live. It's rather rare, but made up for by being global drops.

7. Aliboo

Aliboo A Griffin

Dulak is where I farmed it (and still occasionally swing by). I've had some luck trading with others to complete a set.

8. tibbs

tibbs Orc Centurion

velks spiders/statues in the entrance climb is good for defiant too. and you also get velium for smithing, silks for tailoring, and gems for masochistic velious armor quests.

9. tackleberry

tackleberry Orc Pawn

alt access sol ro tower and farm regular ornate, that gear is fine for starting out and you will get everything except chests, those you can park your chars @ a tower boss in bot they spawn every 6 hours

ornate defiant is out of era and should be removed : )

10. Ridiculous

Ridiculous Orc Pawn

"ornate defiant is out of era and should be removed : )"

Nooooooo! I realize I need to git gud but I would be having even more difficulty getting those pesky AAs with my dps poor 1st group w/o the defiant I have managed.

11. Khazidea

Khazidea Orc Centurion

Try COM. I was mass pulling it and aoeing it down to plvl some groups and wound up with a ton of ornate plate/silk out of it. Probably like 15~ pieces in a few hours. Also, while farming the lucid shards in DSP I got a lot off the rockhoppers in the shared cave, just don't kill the named that swaps it to cave men and you're good. I got lots of plate/silk bp/legs on these guys. Never saw a lot of leather/chain in either location though.

12. RorzeGaming

RorzeGaming Orc Pawn

its a %2 drop rate on all mobs 35 to 47, just depends on how many mobs you can kill as fast as you can to get more drops.. and RNG.