Easy Slot lookup

Discussion in 'General' started by trpling, Dec 30, 2018.

1. trpling

trpling Orc Centurion

I had a problem where I want to see information from x amount of characters but I want to see it in a table lookup with some filtering options. Basically I parse the html from magelo import into a database and boom. This is what I ended up with.
    I might consider hosting it or whatever but here is a rough draft with the general purposes working I just need to clean it up to look pretty.

https://imgur.com/a/Z3ocCou

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  2. Zyrek

Zyrek Orc Pawn

That's pretty useful i would be interested in this.

3. tibbs

tibbs Orc Centurion

Would def be interested in this too. I was thinking of doing the same for flags/keys too.

Sorry for the noob question but where does one get ahold of magelo imports, or are you literally parsing the HTML of a magelo page per toon?

4. trpling

trpling Orc Centurion

Parsing the html for each toon and storing the information in sql database. As far as I know there is no magelo import. I already have something for the flags that i'm currently working on (I had an old python script that scraped for flags). The only problem is i'm more of a back end guy not front end but I know enough to get by. The aesthetically pleasing part is probably going to take a while.

5. tibbs

tibbs Orc Centurion

base HTML5 is more pleasing to me cuz css just makes shit break :)