linked eqemu loginserver account somehow went to someone else's peqtgc forum account

Discussion in 'General' started by djdead23, Mar 15, 2019.

1. djdead23

djdead23 Orc Pawn

Can an administrator of the forums please contact me so I can recover the eqemu loginserver account that somehow got attributed to someone else's forum account here even though I was logged in as me?

When I added it, it showed my username at the top of the page, but showed a list of a lot of accounts/characters that were not mine, except the one I had just tried to add. then I tried refreshing the page and it told me to login. I logged in, and newly added account was not in list of linked accounts. tried adding it again and got error that it was already linked to another account.

2. Kilz

Kilz Administrator Staff Member

You can PM me with a list of account names, and character names on the account. No promises, but I'll take a look.

3. djdead23

djdead23 Orc Pawn

Thanks. I'll send it your way shortly.

4. djdead23

djdead23 Orc Pawn

problem hasn't been addressed yet .=(

5. geniusi

geniusi Orc Pawn

So I've noticed that when I reboot, I can view a list of accounts that appear to be stuck out in the void you're talking about. If you have Chrome set to reopen tabs, just login to your forum account, open the Account Management screen, and then reboot your machine. When it starts back up and you open Chrome, it'll reopen the Account Management screen, but this time you'll see all of the "voided" characters. I'd wager it's related to your session expiring or something similar. Hopefully the steps to reproduce can get it solved quicker.

6. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys, looked into this real quick. Looks like we have a weird issue where the session did indeed expire at the time so we have accounts that get linked to forum account at all

I've blown away these entries and you should be able to try relinking these accounts

7. Akkadius

I've also fixed the root issue on this so it doesn't happen again

• Like Like x 1
  8. djdead23

djdead23 Orc Pawn

Thanks Akkadius!!

9. djdead23

djdead23 Orc Pawn

Confirming. My badly linked account was able to be re-linked to my account. Thanks again!

10. Akkadius

Glad to hear!