Others have AA's reset/erased? Or just a display issue?

Discussion in 'General' started by 0112358, May 26, 2019.

1. 0112358

0112358 Orc Centurion

Not the full refund that occurred with the overhaul several years back. This is something relatively new that I'm just discovering. Haven't found any threads about it.

Today I noticed that all of my casters' Spell Casting Mastery were set back to rank 0. While browsing around, noticed Quick Damage was reset to 0 also. There may be more that I haven't noticed yet.

I initially assumed a change was pushed and select AA lines were refunded (looked like the total number of ranks available had been lowered on some too). So I started repurchasing the lines on a whole bunch of toons, but then discovered that the numbers weren't adding up right.

My total AA counts are now measurably lower versus my spreadsheet for tracking such numbers. It seems all of the spent aa's on several lines were just erased, not refunded, and set back to 0.

It does seem that some toons' count was dropped more than others, yet I think they all have the same AA lines set back to 0 (and all were purchased to highest ranks before). I haven't done enough cross-referencing to explain it yet.

This is on UF client, and checking against PEQ Magelo is almost making me more confused (some show the ranks still purchased, some show wrong values vs. what was purchased, some are showing the wrong class AA charts, etc).

Can anyone confirm and/or explain what happened here?

Thanks.

-Ulmo
    <Oceans>

2. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Ulmo can you check on the ROF2 client? The UF client doesn't match up correctly for some reason.

3. 0112358

0112358 Orc Centurion

I've got old Windows 7 Ultimate (no SP) on my computers. RoF2 and new E3 won't run without 7 SP1+ unfortunately. I'm sure someday I'll get around to an OS upgrade and then all of the work that follows. Hasn't been worth it for me yet though.

4. Uleat

Uleat Orc Warlord

5. cream

cream GM Staff Member

upgrade already, win10 + RoF2 is huge quality of life/performance

6. Fleshn

Fleshn Orc Pawn

This happened to me aswell on UF . who knows how long i ran around without spell casting mastery and quick damage before noticing :). Those are the only two i have noticed i looked around on toons for a while seeing if anything else was gone

7. 0112358

0112358 Orc Centurion

On Windows 10 and RoF2 now. Definitely liking the new-shiny so far, though it certainly is a lot of work making the change and getting everything set up again.

One major issue (for me) that I've come across however:

Windows 10 combines WinEQ instances on the taskbar and doesn't permit easy organization. On Windows 7 I had an independent program icon for each of my toons, which allowed organizing and arranging them on the taskbar at will. Tucked other program trees in between groupings as bookmarks for super quick+easy switching.

Does anyone have a solution for visual management of high toon numbers? For example, a way of getting Windows 10 to see each toon as its own program tree (without making a full client copy for each toon, or using the messy "never combine" option)? Or some alternative method?

Thanks,

-Ulmo

8. Aliboo

Aliboo A Griffin

Here are a couple of options:
    Manual instructions - http://peqtgc.com/forums/index.php?threads/windows-10-registry-entry.15094/
    PEQ Configurator with a button you can click to fix it (listed under Tweaks > Taskbar Grouping fix). - http://peqtgc.com/forums/index.php?threads/peq-configurator.15589/
    For an alternate method, I created an EQSwitch program for fast window switching listed on the link above (just make sure each EQ instance is uniquely named)

9. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

10. 0112358

0112358 Orc Centurion

Awesome, thanks guys. I had wondered about the registry edit file in Creamo's Utilities folder, and now I know it's for this issue. Perfect.

E3 Bot .ini editing time....