Discussion in 'General' started by Drogerin, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

We are doing our best trying to collect the data that people are experiencing when they crash.

This error is similar to live when you crash your character hangs in the zone and will do so until your account leaves the world.

This thread is to get some accurate info on how long it takes to to allow your character to get back in.

Only post in this thread if you have accurate info.

An unacceptable post is “I went ld zoning it took me at least 10 minutes to get in.

What we are looking for:

I went LD doing (this) at (this time) I was able to log back in at (this) exact time.

Thanks.

2. Minorai

Minorai Orc Pawn

Yesterday I was receiving the 1018 error on Elfis and then Soulai. It would simply not allow me passed the Server Select screen, saying that I already had a toon logged in on the account. No matter how long I waited I received the same message. I even hard Barb try to log on to Elfis & he received the same error.

Today I do NOT receive a message saying anything about an error. Instead, it just gets to character select, seems to be loading in, and then crashes to Server Select. After about 4-6 attempts it usually gets through to log the toon in, however it has a likely chance of crashing again if the toon attempts to zone. I only experience this problem on Soulai & Elfis. I run a warrior on the same client settings as Soulai & 33 other toon on the same client settings as Elfis. None of my other toons experience problems whatsoever.

3. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Out of Combat. Still within combat timer.

Syncronized Time on both computers.
    At 4:57:03 I /exit account "Bero" on 1 computer.
    At 5:01:13 error message stopped appearing and was able to login account on Computer 2.
    Elapsed Time: 04m 10s

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  4. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Both accounts Standing in Nexus

Account: Bero
    /exit (Computer 1) 11:25:46
    Error 1018 immediately (Computer2).
    Able to Relog (Computer2) 11:27:01
    Elapsed Time: 01m 15s

Account: Flyer
    /exit (Computer1 ) 11:25:48
    Error 1018 immediately (Computer 2)
    Able to Relog (Computer2) 11:27:02
    Elapsed Time: 01m 14s

5. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

We updated it to 1 minute last night.

6. Minorai

Minorai Orc Pawn

Today I can't log in the two toons I had problems with & 80% of my toons crash on zoning.

7. nevtime

nevtime Hill Giant

I am not getting the 1080 error anymore, now some of my toons crash as soon as it tries to go to loading screen after char select. There is an error message but fly's by too fast to read and boots them back to server select. They get caught in a loop. I let one toon go for half an hour and he wouldn't log in.

8. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

From in-game - 5:40CST

"Hey folks we're going to reboot quick to see if we can eliminate some of these session based issues folks have been experiencing. We apologize for the inconveniences, it will get worse for a little bit before it gets better.

Regardless we will get them sorted, we've been cleaning up client session handling for future work which has in turn made things appear worse with being locked out from world with things actually being properly on the backend but also has made for inconsistent end user experience. All you need to know is that we will work things out, but just ask for patience and concrete feedback and we'll get things ironed through. Thanks everyone! ~The PEQ Team"

• Like Like x 1
  9. nevtime

nevtime Hill Giant

The error message i get when it dumps back to server select is there is no connection to the server. Explains why it sits on char select so long before timing out.

10. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Posted in game and in Discord, repeating here for visibility

"Hey folks, I know there has been some weird session based issues that folks have been dealing with. I ask that you take it to the forums under the thread "1018" to post what you are seeing and post as much data as possible so we can reproduce said issues. A large amount of them have been resolved but we may have some intermittent edge cases left. Please help us collect data and symptoms you are experiencing and we will follow up from there, mentioning in ooc helps to get visibility but its likely to be lost in terms of reporting. These session based issues started coming up in preparation of backend cleanup preparing for future work (shared tasks as an example). Thanks for your patience and we understand it is painful, we'll have the remaining of issues resolved as soon as we can. Thanks! ~The PEQ Team"

• Like Like x 1
  11. Merstin

Merstin Orc Centurion

I don't think this is related to 1018 error, but I wanted to share. Approx a month ago I upgraded to Gig internet and since then I have had issues with internet slowing down after 24 hours and possibly disconnecting me from game. It's a new service so I had the internet provider out several times and they replaced the modem, line to house etc...

While it seemed they improved the speed reduction over time, it a new problem was introduced. Random modem reboots and disconnects from EQ. I would see t3/T4 errors on the modem log and cassumed it was a provider issue. The later was not mutually exclusive with the former, however it would happen every 2 hours or so. Had the provider out again, escalated they changes things on the pole, blah blah.

Still had the issue and came across this post about improving gaming by addressing buffer bloat https://netduma.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-bufferbloat/.

To be fair, this problem also may have coincided with me updating from Pfsense 2.4.3 to 2.4.4 which introduced FQ_Codel (buffer bloat solution) setup and it may very well have also introduced buffer bloat issues if not setup. I cant downgrade or I would test.

After setting up FQ_Codel in Pfsense I have run solid no disconnects / no lag for the past 24 hours.

My current network is 16 port Ubiquti gig switch, Ubiqiti AP Pro running to Pfsense router / VPN and server to gig modem. There are around 6 computers in the house, most using kodi and the kids playing fortnight and stuff so lots of streaming and such.

I box 42 toons which may also contribute to the situation.

Not super savvy with all this so I may be way off base, still wanted to share.

***UPDATE***
    So the issue occurred again, however I didnt get disconnected which is good. It looks like FQ_Codel helped in that regard. Now to diagnose the issue further.

***UPDATE2***

Eventually got disconnected and could not reconnect until I disabled FQ_Codel

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  12. YirranPEQ

YirranPEQ Orc Pawn

I've had some issues off and on over the lasst couple months with toons not being able to login in the zone where they logged out. They will get to Char Select and I will see the loading zone files message and they will just hang/and or eventually drop back to the Server Select screen.

I've tried character mover and as soon as I run back and try to zone into the zone where I logged out, the software just freezes and I have to kill the process.

What I have found that works pretty consistently is, to login some other toons, run them to the problem zone and zone them in. After that, the orignal problem toon is able to zone in without any issues.

13. Sparkling

Sparkling Orc Pawn

I've got 5 characters that all froze up upon dying, unable to get past character select. Don't have an exact time as I wasn't aware what it was, but was around 6ish EST today. Died in PoTactics , characters bound in PoK. Tried making new characters, different servers, and moving them via mover tool. Names are Sparkling, Glistening, Polished, Glossy, Shimmering if anyone is able to help.

14. Audite

Audite Orc Pawn

I have the same issue - happened about 1 hour before sparkling - tried moving to Nexus/Oot, tried making a new character - Character: Healthcare

15. Denzig

Denzig Orc Centurion

I also have a character that will not go past Character Selection, as of this morning.

Died in Plane of Fire around 7:15am EST and is bound in PoK. Tried two different computers on two different networks (home/work).

Character: Ghettoblaster

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  16. mrcus2

mrcus2 Orc Pawn

Ive been having the same issue ... tried char mover but it didnt help...I cant load in the below accounts. I died yesterday on a lot of these toons fighting Rondo Smith.

characters:
    Ridez
    brutice
    boozers
    rayy
    aleesha
    forestfire
    Lilli
    halves
    stormz
    spanks
    rushed
    leesh
    marry
    stacker
    parkers
    wreptile
    scatters

I would love any suggestions :)

17. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

We changed some stuff with log in packets to try to alleviate some issues with inventories, appears we didn't account for toons with no items ... also. How do you have so many toons without any items?

18. mrcus2

mrcus2 Orc Pawn

I just was waiting for server reset to get corpses because i was too exhausted to do a corpse run...they have items except my new guys ... maybe 6 toons only have a few items on their corpses...

so they have items ... just on their corpses

hope this helps :)

That was a super quick response by the way...thanks for that...you guys are great

19. Uleat

Uleat Orc Warlord

This should be cleared up with the code revert this morning.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!