Spell files in the RoF2 download

Discussion in 'General' started by Vizi, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Vizi

Vizi Orc Pawn

I recently reinstalled RoF2 & E3 and I believe the spell files in the RoF2 Download are bad. Wizard nukes and some SK spells say 0.1 sec cast but they still cast normally. Many of my fizzles would grey out all of my spell gems until the recast time for the fizzled spell ran it's course. Eventually after replacing (I got lazy here) the 5 files in my RoF2 folder with the ones from my old install the problem was resolved. Those 5 files were Spells.eff - Spells_us - Spellsnew.edd - Spellsnew.eff and Spelltree.eqg. I originally dismissed this problem as possible file corruption while downloading until tonight when someone else in /ooc was asking for the resolution to the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Malik_Gynax

Malik_Gynax Orc Pawn

3. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

It fixed the 0.1 sec casting time on wizard spells?

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. Aliboo

Aliboo A Griffin

I noticed using this spell file stops all spell particle effects. I tested several times and each time I swapped to this one the effects stopped working. Anyone else seen this?

5. Uleat

Uleat Orc Warlord

Not sure if this is the correct solution..

We have a lot of sound/spell effect issue threads on the eqemulator forums.

One thing that stands out is the over-population of certain systems - like spells.

RoF2 uses 45000 as a cap for spell ids .. and that file goes beyond the cap.

Try this:
    • Backup your local spells_us.txt file
    • Remove entries beyond 45000 (45999^Angry Charge^BLUE_TRAIL^^^ charges angrily!^You get trampled by a minotaur.^... and after)
    • Post back with success/failure status ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aliboo

Aliboo A Griffin

@Uleat - thanks I'll give a go.

*Update*
    Thanks that fixed it!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  7. Uleat

Uleat Orc Warlord

Np!

And thanks for reporting back :)

8. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

I thought someone said in game (deleting 45000+ would resolve the spell effect issues) for spell effects: casting effects seem to all work, but when spells land I only see certain ones regardless of in game settings, which include buffs Self cast on anyone and Others casting on me only (not others or group). All other buff effects are not showing up. The game setting is on for "all spells". This may not be the exact same issue as above.