Knuckie Sammich Reporting for Duty

Discussion in 'General' started by requiemnex, Mar 9, 2020.

1. requiemnex

requiemnex Orc Pawn

Hey guys, new player on the server. I think tomorrow makes a week I have been on PEQ Grand Creation. I have so far have met a lot of different people ranging from very new to people who have been around practically since the server's inception. It has been a great experience and I wanted to share a little bit of that for those of you maybe coming to the server and are wondering about what the state of the server was or maybe you found this webpage and are thinking about giving it a try.

Hi, my name is Knuckie and I am an EQ addict. I was drawn to the idea of P99 Green but didn't want to get consumed by the mass amount of players who started on the first day. I gave it a few months and started a character there. I was a bit put off right out the gate as I couldn't really find many people to group with. It had appeared that people had joined a clique early and had stuck to it. I would sit LFG for the entire day with little or no luck. I ended up re-rolling a class with group and solo benefits. I leveled up to 14, mostly solo and still groups came rarely. I was feeling a bit defeated but was going to stick to it. Then.. I got a log bug that prevented me for playing for nearly 24 hours. I logged in, played for an hour and logged out. When i went to log back in, the same log error....

I began skimming the list of servers in the launcher.. I think at the time P99 was around 1k players, a few other servers had 300-500 players. PEQ had 600+ listed, i logged in with my silly little P99 client. I started asking a few questions in /ooc. This guy started telling me about the server and what its about. Discussed the client i would need to download and where i could find all the files. Turned out to be Soulai. I was hell bent on starting a Zerker and I had this whole idea in my head about what I wanted my team to look like but Soulai gave me some pointers and asked that I trust him.

That night I began downloading the ROF client and MQ2/E3. Started fiddling with .ini files that I had a little bit of experience back in the day running kissassist for a krono farm on TLP servers. After I got everything up and running and my new six toons all created. Apollo, Soulai, and several others helped me learn some of the less obvious things, like asking toons for buffs, setting up hotkeys that forced my people to zone or click things, the benefits of using /follow over /stick.

With my new knowledge at hand and my stuff all setup. I went to town and got 20 levels in my first sitting. befallen hotzone exp and the normal ZEM was cool. I was already talking to a lot of people on /ooc and I have to say this is one of the nicest communities in everquest I have ever had dealings with. Everyone is helpful and lives on a pay it forward mindset. I was given some cash, given some gear, and never not once was I offered a powerlevel or anything like that. I actually appreciated this because it encouraged me to learn the E3 system and it also encouraged me to go through the experience. I learned to love my group comp as recommended and enjoyed messing with macros and scripts so that my bots would behave accordingly.

Day two, I bounced around a bit trying to find a good spot before just going to iceclad and smashing ice cougars. I created my own guild "Nerf or Nothin" and was watching /ooc and starting to get an idea of who some of the veterans vs the new people were. Again, I had tons of newb questions and everyone was very helpful. Soulai had taken me under his wing and given me a lot of strong pointers. I felt re-invigorated in EQ and by this point had completely forgotten about P99 Green. I wasn't even looking back.

It has been a week now and my first group is level 55. I have met Barbatos, Awsue, Apollo, Sage, Stonefoot, Drog, and others. I have passed on a majority of my newbie loot to another newbies and tried to help where I can. This server has been amazing. I really appreciate it and look forward to meeting more people and just enjoying the game andcommunity. The creators of PEQ have really made something amazing here.

• Like Like x 5
  2. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

A great server with a great community, I'm sure your time here will be amazing. Just don't burn out like I always do!

3. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Welcome!

4. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Hey man glad you're enjoying it so much!

Welcome!

5. bogre

bogre Orc Centurion

Its a great place. This server has been my favorite eq experience. First 4 months of mangler was pretty good but quickly wore off once it felt like a job with no reward.

Seems like lots of new players eager to learn recently! Make friends and start raiding :)