"The Lucky 7" (St. Patrick's Day Hide & Seek Event)

Discussion in 'General' started by apollo, Mar 13, 2020.

1. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

"The Lucky 7" (St. Patrick's Day Hide & Seek Event):

Intended Level(s): 55+ (Any # of Characters/Bots from 1-54, but Tracker class is recommended at the very least!)

In addition to being half-Irish, today is my RL Birthday. In celebration of both, I'm announcing a St. Patrick's Day Event that I'm calling "The Lucky 7".

I will be hiding 7 of my Toons (all with /anon) all over the world (nowhere requiring a flag or key) throughout most of the day on Tuesday, March 17th.

The first seven (7) individual people (not bots) to hand (Trade) any one of them a Clover (Item ID: 14240) will receive a large amount of Platinum as well as some additional surprises (depending on what class they find & how difficult they are to reach) as a Reward.

The Rules/Hints:
    Other Things:

- Keep in mind that using /target beyond the 200-unit limit WILL GET YOU BANNED, so having a class with the Track skill is advised, though it is not absolutely required. I'm actually fairly confident that /target'ing players is fine across any distance, but I can't guarantee any outcomes of doing this so: One more time DO NOT JUST ZONE IN PLACES AND TRY TO /TARGET MY TOONS -- YOU COULD BE BANNED/SUSPENDED -- This kind of kills the spirit of the Event anyway.

- One additional thing worth noting on the "cheating" front, however, is that doing /who all zoneshortname (Example: /who all poknowledge) is NOT considered cheating for this event (to help balance things out for everyone). I might move my toons around to different spots as the day goes on, though! (I'll have to see how it goes and gauge interest/participation to keep it interesting & fair). Narrowing down zones to search is one thing, but I'm hoping people have to explore around a bit.

- Shout-out to Acatu for donating some of the Additional Rewards!

See you all on St. Patrick's Day!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

what a hero, Ill be trying to find you for sure.

are the zones going to be totally randoom, zoned that mean things to you? or the best hiding zones!

3. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Now this would spoil the fun, wouldn't it?

I have some hints done up that I'll randomly pop off throughout the day as it goes on longer and longer.

4. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

This is now active (all day)

It may be tricky for me to keep an eye on all my screens at once all day long, so if you find a Hidden Toon, shoot Apollo a /tell

The Hidden Toons are:

1. Bitz
    2. Draaxx
    3. Marxist
    4. Hecuba
    5. Machiavellian
    6. Byxxel
    7. Chastise

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  5. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Allowing multiple people to win more than once since we're late in the day and only 1/7 has been found

6. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

Couldn't even log in due to RL stuff. Gutted :/

7. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

The event is over; all 7 Hidden Toons were found:

The winners were: Kinzer (found 2), Nomis (found 2), Peerse, Faurlowe, Wudorek, Bardello, (Wudorek and Bardello both found Byxxel so close together that I initially thought they were 1 person with a bot on auto-follow until I noticed different guild tags and that they were more side-by-side rather than one behind another -- they each got a reward for a call that close)

Bitz was in Mons Letalis back in the caves
    Draaxx was in West Wastes in the far NW corner of the zone
    Marxist was in Dreadlands at the top of the tall combine spire (opposite the wiz epic object)
    Machiavellian was in West Karana in an abandoned house
    Hecuba was in Timorous Deep down in the sunken spire room (vanilla-era nexus)
    Byxxel was in Dalnir's Crypt behind the sarcophagus
    Chastise was in Tenebrous Mountains at the coterie castle (on the balcony)

Sorry you couldn't make it, Rov. I'll likely do something up again the next time I get bored or have a cause to.

At the time of writing this, Faurlowe and Kinzer both have unclaimed extra platinum from all 7 being found. (See Apollo in-game)

Thanks to everyone who participated, I enjoyed it; I hope it was fun!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  8. requiemnex

requiemnex Orc Pawn

Thanks for this Apollo, i found two of them and it was a ton of fun. Really cool event. Sorry i waited until the end of the day to try it out. Hope you had a great birthday and a wonderful st. patty's day