New guy questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Neopolitan, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

Opens journal to write daily log
    Day 9: I was told to expect Legs of fallen barbarians as a gift from the heavens. No barbarians, no legs, I will continue to strive and move forward. I was never a fan of aimless types anyways...If only my comrades would learn to follow me and not get stuck on rocks.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. acatu

acatu A Griffin

I just logged on to try and catch you I have at least 4 pairs sitting somewhere. Msg me on discord tomorrow and I'll try and hit you up.

3. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Levitate is amazing for following. So is bard speed. Helps with rocks and all sorts of other junk.

4. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

My crew is up to mid 30's and I'm having a blast. Thanks for all the help in game and within this thread. I have some questions and hope to get some guidance.

Sometimes my crew seems to lag behind, I have a bard with a regular hand drum but my boxes seem to fall behind quite often. The follow feature seems to act worse than on Live servers. Never experienced the issue there while I was on Mangler. Sometimes specific toons will appear to just sort of stop running the program and will be stuck standing still and I have to stop and reload to resolve. I have setup the two separate installs via the Advanced Boxing guide by chance and my CPU/RAM usage is very low. I'm only running 6 boxes and I have plans for more but the movement and random issues make me worry about adding more toons.

Not sure of other info you might need to help me out. Let me know if there is more and I can.

5. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

Happens to me too. One bot just randomly stops and you have to run back to it and hit follow a few times to make it wake up. Never the same bot and not always a caster. Again with only 6 and the bots are on an optimised build.

6. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Increasing background resources will help decrease the issues with movement and some other stopping issues.
    /maxfps
    /maxfps bg #

/render
    /render bg #

7. Hive

Another thing for follow issues was making sure every instance of EQ runs on all cores.

8. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

Does that # mean replace with a number or just enter it as is?

9. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

With the affinity tool?

10. Hive

11. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

Shout out to Aethis for help on Seb keys last night. Ready to rake in the exp in one of my favorite zones.

One area that I'm really hoping to get more efficient on is the auto-sell function. Is this juts a brute force process of building your sell/keep lists manually? Everytime I try and do autosell it seems to open bags and doesn't sell anything. Probably because nothing is on my sell list? Is there a quick way to add items to the sell list? What about to my don't loot list?

12. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

There is an INI file in your e3 Macro Ini files called Loot.ini open that. Yes its a big process to add/destroy/keep etc stuff, however it updates on the fly, meaning you can change something to keep and there is no need to /mac e3, just save the file and it will be updated immediately, so just keep your file open during a zone while you loot and make changes as necessary.

13. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

Yeah that's what I figured was the process, wanted to make sure there wasn't a simpler way.

14. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

So bodies aren't going to be summoned to SR anymore? Makes me sad. Should probably change the FAQ if this is the new norm.

15. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

They should still decay after 12 hours

16. Eastwood

Eastwood Orc Centurion

For your crew lagging problem, be sure to check out EQAffin in the CreamoTools? folder. With a small setup that can be helped in game, and running as administrator, it works wonder on the smoothness of your boxing experience.

17. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

I've run it but I'm not certain it does anything, there is setup to be done? I thought you just ran it.

18. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

No, you need to modify it to suit your PC.

Do you know how many cores your processor has? from that you need to change the number of cores within the file using an equation.

If your not sure just post your cores up and ill tell you what your file needs to say. :)

19. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

So I set my eqaffin.bat # to 15 based on me having 4 cores, correct?

20. Aliboo

Aliboo A Griffin

I have since modified my old script that a lot of folks are using. It was originally intended for 8 logical cores. The new file does all the calculations for you.

Updated code is listed there (scroll down - search for Ryzen). I also have a constant affinity script that continually checks for any EQ processes not set to affinity and sets them. Useful for game crash and reloads.
    http://www.projecteq.net/forums/index.php?threads/peq-configurator-and-eqswitch.15589/

@creamo Might want to update to the newer version.