New guy questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Neopolitan, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

After setting up my affinity file correctly I am seeing vastly superior performance on my auto follows now.

I have another question regarding the process here. My first group SK, CLR, BRD, MAG, ROG, MONK are all 60-63. I've spent a lot of time in Seb owning Juggs and Shrooms. This question is pretty large in scope and if it's easier to reference another post that's just fine. What is the roadmap for a new player as far as leveling and gearing 60+? Not looking for something simple like get gear, get AA get to 70. I'm hoping for some specifics, like get to 65 and get enough gear to do X then progress to 70 and get gear to do X and then work on 2nd group.

2. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

This assumes you are doing pretty much everything yourself - flags, loot, etc.

I think PoP ornate is a really simple way to gear many characters. It does have its downfalls like requiring TS mats and having to do turn ins, but I feel it is worth it to do this the entire time:
    Go to WW and get your tower of solusek ro alt flags so you can farm ornate on easy mode. (Respawn is an hour, but the quest is super easy)
    1. Level
      1. Get 70 on group #1
      2. Get 100 AA on group #1 (I think most people would say 300+)
      3. Get 70 on group #2
      4. Get 70 on group #3
      5. Get 70 on group #4
        1. (You could get 70 on all your characters, but I would stop at 24 to test out your composition and see if you are correct in what you want to make next, you may also be able to do this at 18. )
      6. Get 300+ AA on all groups
    2. Gear up and get flags
      1. Gear up (flags, poi dragon, Ikaav in barindu, pop ornate, bot towers, OoW group content and quests, good list of progression)
      2. Flags
        1. Pop
        2. GoD
        3. OoW
      3. Get more AA
    3. Once you begin to hit a wall in the progression and need more characters (or don't want to do too much PoP flagging before you make the rest of your characters)
      1. Get 70 on group #5
      2. Get 70 on group #6
        1. (If you are doing more groups, get 70 on all of them)
      3. Get 500+ AA on all groups

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

Disregard

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  4. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

First group to 70, couple AA under my belt(4). Thanks to all the folks on the server, this place is full of wonderful people.

• Like Like x 2
  5. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

6. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

Reading your group set up I would 100% get to 100AA minimum before starting a second group, I did it the stupid way and made quite a few groups, they dont add loads of extra dps, 2-3 half naked characters at level 70 with no AA can be out DPS's by my zerker with 350AA over a hours grind etc.

My DPS has increased so much just getting a few characters some AA, so has surviveability.

Im literally just trying to AA when I am on to get each character to 100 before I re start flagging and raiding etc.

After that I might even push to 200AA as 100AA isnt a lot at all in the scheme of good things to buy!

7. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

Any guides about how to setup healing and interactions with two separate players who team up on a raid? My buddy and I are getting near the point of wanting to start our 2nd groups and then working on harder raid targets. We've had trouble finding out way to have our clerics support the others tank. I've heard some things about it being against the rules to heal other people automatically but I'm guessing there has to be a way to do this based on how people team up for raids.

8. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

9. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

I'm asking about two friends teaming up to go kill raid targets that they can't kill on their own. Not trying to automate afk gameplay

10. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

most people's clerics heal their own raid, however you can send tells to his clerics to get them to heal you in the case where you may want to tank a boss and need some extra help from his healer. /tell hisclericname Healname and they'll heal you

11. acatu

acatu A Griffin

Generally one of you needs to have enough healing to handle tanking the main bosses. There isn't any allowed ways to have another players clerics autoheal you. You can have you friend just stop macro on some of his healers and /twist a heal on you to spam it or you can /t his healers for heals.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

So this is by far the biggest negative i've experienced on this server...the black curtain that happens when it starts to rain. Is there a fix for this beside having a druid?

13. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

stop using mq2clip

• Like Like x 4
  14. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Mq2clip is the culprit

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

16. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher