Camp Stealing

Discussion in 'General' started by trpling, Jun 4, 2020.

1. trpling

trpling Orc Centurion

Had an issue this morning when Bandy came into Plane of Fear saw that I was there didn't issue a camp check and just went straight to to turn in to spawn Broken Golem when I was camping him. Basically told me better luck next time I have the logs that I can upload. Not really complaining I mean I can do it when I do it but that being said pretty horrible of a person just to do that. Didn't say anything it was pretty obvious I was going for broken golem. We are grown adults we know what we are doing don't be an asshat just because you want to get pixels. I'm not upset about it or anything just want it to be known.

2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Most people sitting in fear are assumed camping fear golems. I doubt this was done maliciously by Bandy, as the broken golem is a long respawn, probably just saw it up and went for it.

3. trpling

trpling Orc Centurion

Doubt it as I was next to the broken golem, and broken golem was only up for maybe 4~ minutes but could be wrong there's always 2 sides to a story.

4. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

If you think Broken Golem is a long spawn, just wait till you get to VS part, 3+ day spawns. He doesn't always drop the staff and last I checked 10 wizards needed it ahead of me, but there's probably a whole lot more. Wizard 1.5 needs to be the next added imo. I guess the "as close to everquest as possible" includes the frustrating parts.
    I usually run my ranger to fear to check for 3 golems or campers so I can get the next spawn or whatnot. I still need 1 drop for a SK.
    The iksar broodling tear can be multiquested (not in the true sense) if you accidentally kill it, it has 7 mins on the corpse, You can still loot the tear and offer to turn in for a shaman that wants it. If you don't kill it, /ooc it for a shaman as they will have over an hour to get there and kill it for the tear. Was able to get 2 other shaman tears that way.

5. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

Drog, I know you guys gave up on 1.5 Pre-quests to focus on new content. Definitely the right choice btw.

However, the Wizard 1.0 is a bottleneck now with the number of new people coming on. I am sure myself (or other people from an IT background) would be happy to get up to speed and put the work in to fix the 1.5 pre-quest. If it was done on a test server then it could be reviewed by the Dev team and then merged in if acceptable.

PM or email me if this is something that's possible. If not (or is a stupid idea for some reason I am not aware of) then just ignore me ;)

6. clippy

clippy A Griffin

Hi all. I didn't mean to cause trouble here.
    So here is my point of view:
    - I killed the previous broken golem and since its exactly 3 day respawn i went again for my other wizard and was at golem about 5 minutes after it had popped. I assumed other toons in zone was farming AoN.

I went to broken golem and nobody was nearby, so I turned in and then OP stated in /shout he was camping that.

In hindsight I should have called camp check but didn't realize someone was camping this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Should always do a CC when entering a public zone to kill something. Prequest or no.

8. kiladiveus

kiladiveus Orc Centurion

Been thinking of helping out to finish remaining 1.5 prequest script. Drog, let me know if i can help.

9. Kilz

Kilz Administrator Staff Member

Anyone is welcome to pitch in and help. If you want to parse the data and write the scripts etc., then absolutely. Just know the data has to be accurate and not "best guess." Meaning, you would need to go to live EQ servers, do the quest, parse it out, etc. Can't just look up what ZAM says and roll with it.

10. neverrain

neverrain Orc Centurion

The lack of camp checks by people playing on this server is a common problem I run into in RSS as well. I've had to call out several people for just rolling into a camp assuming it was open, simply because no one was sitting right there. Things can be camped from other places, and if I'm keeping it down (save a few minutes for rebuffs), it's still camped.

People need to start asking for camp checks more consistently, especially with newer groups of people joining the server. It's rude and inconsiderate.

11. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

Is the previous post true? There is no understanding of being present to claim a camp? Simply stating you’re camping it is the bar?

12. neverrain

neverrain Orc Centurion

Not sure I understand your question. Are you saying I should state my camp to everyone who zones in?

13. Neopolitan

Neopolitan Orc Pawn

I found my answer elsewhere. It sounds like the only rules here are who engages but to not be a jerk and check camps when in a new zone.

14. Kilz

Kilz Administrator Staff Member

From the rules stickied in this forum:

-Camp claiming/stealing: In order to claim a group or raid camp, you must have the ability to kill the said mob with the toons present. (First in force) You may not sit 1 toon in a zone and claim you are camping something that the toon is not capable of killing. If you are AFK more than 10 minutes you forfeit the right to claim a camp as yours and "ownership" transfers to the new player(s). If you are waiting for a raid mob and vacate the camp to go kill another mob, you lose the right to claim the camp for the 1st raid mob. You may only claim 1 raid mob per zone at a time. It is considered a raid mob if it was considered a raid mob at one point in live progression. If dual possession is claimed, try to find an amicable solution: Mob rotation, dps race, roll the dice, etc. To legally and respectfully claim a camp from someone else you must attempt communication. (/tell /say /shout soandso are you camping this mob?)

15. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

The issue that seems to be arising is we have had a core mass of people that have been playing here forever and camp checks really were never a thing for leveling since most of the player base was max level or just leveling alts here and there. Then we stopped restarting server and have seen a pretty massive influx of newer players that are interested in boxing.

So people will need to be more mindful now on checking zones. They are less empty.

16. Denzig

Denzig Orc Centurion

So if I read this correctly, camping all 3 Fear golems at once is a no-go. Using "You may only claim 1 raid mob per zone at a time. It is considered a raid mob if it was considered a raid mob at one point in live progression." as reference, a player cannot say they are camping all 3 at one time.

Thank you for clarification.

17. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Correct. The only exceptions I would make to this rule is poair rings and earth rings as they are part of a larger goal.

Air rings are required to get key for xegony so if someone is actively doing one, doing a second is typically frowned upon unless they don’t need key.

Same goes for earthA since rings ultimately spawn arbitor and someone wiping on a ring while someone is attempting to spawn arbitor is only hindering that person.

Other examples might be doing carp but hoping to do bertox after.

This is all about community coming together to make the best decision possible with the scenarios that arise.