6box team

Discussion in 'General' started by Mrwillymo, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Ok ive been studying and im having issues making a group(i need a 7-9man team xD ). Looking for some input as far as viability/ease/fun/whatever

currently thinking:
    Shaman - buff/debuff
    Cleric - heals/rez
    Berserker -dps
    ?War? -tank
    ?Bard/ranger? - /melody or autofire
    ?Wiz/mage? - Dps + ports & evac or Dps + coth(summon arrow for rgr)

or if there is something im not considering?

ive been kinda goofing off and leveling multiple things but id really like to settle on something as i can play any one class, but learning to play 6 is a whole new story. And id like your expert opinions!

2. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

In this era you'll do far better initially with a Knight class tank over a pure warrior. They offer a lot more to an overall box crew and are much (much) better aggro early on. Every group also needs a bard to be fully effective, so the choice between Brd and Rng is a pretty easy one (Rangers are quite underpowered in this era, especially for what they offer to a box team)

Here's a pretty decent thread that I as well as quite a few others have commented on already. There's certainly some good info in there for you; give it a read and some considerations.

Best of luck:

http://www.projecteq.net/forums/index.php?threads/thinking-of-starting-up-hardware-question.16481/

3. Tuono72

Tuono72 Orc Pawn

6box i would choose a knight too as mt
    1sk pull snare tank > pal (consider him as main if plan to have no cleric)
    2 cle , heal rez (switch with a dps if your tank is pal)
    3 brd dead weight at begin then a must have (pull buff)
    4 sham buff, slow
    5 rog > monk (at begin rogue are op, no gear needed and unbelivable dps, but at 70 they are close, my monk do more dps than rogue, but SOS is such a great utility aa so in the end i would choose rogue.
    6 wiz > druid (with pal tank will help healing and snare group content)

4. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I ended up going
    Sk
    Shm
    Clr
    Brd
    Zerker
    Monk

didnt get to play much today but hopefully tomorrow ill get the whole group groupable

5. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Solid group! I'd change that zerker out for a rogue, but your group will still shred.

6. acatu

acatu A Griffin

Yea rog's are top for leveling due to poison procs.

7. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

I love zerker so far id change the monk before i did that

8. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Zerker will help any additional melee dps toons you might add more than any other single class due to their warcries and +100% crit chance buff, but yeah individually rogues are initially some of the best dps.

I don't think you need to change anything out though, your setup looks good. I'd just keep the diversity going when you finish your first group & add other desirable dps classes like rogue and wizard to your next team.

9. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

Yea i plan on it. But going to just focus on this one for a while!

10. greleqemu

greleqemu Orc Pawn

I like the idea, conceptually, of using a BST instead of a SHM in a general kick around 6-man. What do you think? Does the SHM proc buff outweigh the benefits of BST melee dps?

11. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Unquestionably.

Shaman proc buffs are one of (if not THE) top reasons to run a shaman in the first place. All other functions they have can be duplicated or worked around by other classes. In my 12-box team, I've even got my enchanter doing all the Slowing and other Debuffs just to further take load off the Shaman so he can ensure those proc buffs stay up for every second possible. Shaman is a class that's easy to overload given the number of functions the class is capable of, but in a box crew many of those functions are nowhere near as good as from other classes.

Ultimately it's best I think to focus each class on their unique functions, and for Shaman the proc buffs are right at the top of the list.

12. Mrwillymo

Mrwillymo Orc Pawn

So what do you all like for a caster heavy 3 or 6 box?

Id love to do solid caster group as well... but im not a fan or enchanters really as a main and not competent enough yet to be switching around or hot keying to swap and tell ench to cc something random and swapping back. Also i get that ya really need a tank unfortunately.

would something like clr/wiz/mage/brd/shm/monk work well for leveling? Monk as the main. Not super concerned with raiding.

necro would be fun to throw in there but then id wanna main that xD... and i feel that the dots wouldnt work well for a long time due to speed that stuff dies.

my fav classes it seems are Necro and zerker. Looking around i feel itd be much less easy if i main a zerker in a boxed group.