Raid out of combat regen timers resetting on non-raid mobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Ben Knowlton, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Ben Knowlton

Ben Knowlton Orc Pawn

After killing lower BoT minis (which do have 5-minute raid OOC regen timers), I was continuing to get long timers from regular mobs. Regular mobs were then giving some of my chars 1m 30s timers, while others would get the normal 30s from the same mobs. Waiting for the timer to fully clear or camping out before it had fully cleared, did not resolve the issue, but camping out after it had fully cleared did.

2. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

yeah, you still had the raid timer counting down. Killing a normal NPC with 30 second timer isn't gonna overwrite the 5 minute one.

3. Ben Knowlton

Ben Knowlton Orc Pawn

Even if the raid timer is fully cleared, the normal mobs give 90 second timers which stack back up to 5 minutes until camping out (also after clearing the timer).

4. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

There is 0 places where addition is done with the OOC timers. What's probably happening is you're finding an incorrectly raid flagged NPC. I know there are some group NPCs in bothunder that share names with raid NPCs, it's possible they're incorrectly flagged.

Here's how the timers work:

It can either be set to 30 seconds for group NPCs or 5 minutes for raid NPCs.

This timer is set when you first aggro an NPC, if your current timer is higher than the new timer, it will pause the timer and use the higher timer (think you're on a raid timer ticking down at like 3 mins left or something, aggro a group flagged NPC, your timer will be saved at 3 mins instead of 30 seconds)

If you cast a spell on another PC, it will also set your timer to their timer, if and only if their timer is higher than yours. The timer is viral in this nature to prevent healers from sitting pretty without getting a raid timer due to failed witness checks on their heal spells.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  5. Ben Knowlton

Ben Knowlton Orc Pawn

I'm able to consistently reproduce this in BoT. Haven't tried elsewhere. Always happens after I kill a BoT lower mini (Ring of Torden droppers like Laef Windfall, Gaukr Sandstorm, etc., they are raid flagged). I don't know if they're supposed to be raid flagged or not, but regardless, it never happens prior, or while grinding the same mobs and otherwise leaving the mini alone. It happens constantly after killing one, from every regular mob, with allowing the raid timer to fully clear first. Only waiting for the timer to clear + camping fixes it.

6. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

I do not see what you're describing as being possible in the code. Everything is correctly accounted for. I think you're just seeing incorrectly raid flagged NPCs.

7. Ben Knowlton

Ben Knowlton Orc Pawn

It's 100% reproducible..doesn't happen if you don't kill a mini, does happen if you do. Is there any way to normally get a 90 second timer from having none? Normally regular mobs give 30s and raid mobs give 5.

8. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

I already explained how that can happen.

9. Ben Knowlton

Ben Knowlton Orc Pawn

Normal mobs give 30 second timers, raid mobs give 5 minute timers. If it was just an incorrectly flagged raid mob, I would be getting instant 5 minute timers again, not random numbers in between.

I tested it again several times and the result was:
    Killed Guakr Sandstorm, waited for 5-min timer to clear
    Killed a jord kjal (elemental), got a 4min 7s timer
    Killed two more mobs, one at a time, each refreshed the timer to 4 mins 7 seconds
    Waited for that to clear, killed a jord militis, got a 30 sec timer
    Waited for that to clear, killed a jord profet, got a 2min 26s timer
    Waited for that to clear, killed another jord militis, got a 3m 12s timer
    And so on. Doing this for about half an hour, about seven or eight mobs gave erratic timers and two gave 30s timers.

Further testing showed that except for fighting Guakr, the original raid flagged mob, in which all characters got the full 5 minutes as normal, the long timers are situational. Out of 12, only the tank, healers (if they healed), and anyone else who got hit either from stealing aggro or riposte, received the longer random timer. Characters who DPSed but did not get hit received a 30 second timer. The puller received an additional timer equal to the length of time between pulling the mob and engage--IE the tank would get a 2 min timer, bard would get a 2 min 10 sec timer after the kill when spending 10 seconds to pull the mob to camp.

Without camping out to fix it, it resolved itself approximately 30-40 minutes after the original kill, waiting for timer to clear each time, after which all mobs returned to giving 30 sec timers every time.

And again, this *only* happens if an actual raid flagged mob is killed first, and then it happens every time; never while just killing random or normal named mobs.

I FRAPS'd it just to demonstrate, after killing Guakr and clearing the timer, you can see the timer go from clear to 4:07, and reset to 4:07 when other mobs are killed before clearing it.

10. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

Timer pauses when you enter a fight. It's replaced if it's higher.

11. Ben Knowlton

Ben Knowlton Orc Pawn

You can see the timer go from non-existent to 4:07 on a regular mob. At the start of the video, the timer is cleared, and if it were considered a raid mob it would give a 5-minute timer.

12. Casai

Casai Orc Legionnaire

whats the deal with this issue?
    I am getting what looks like the same timer issue meaning raid mob 5 minute combat timer does not go away ever if you continue to pull trash after killing a raid flaged mob. Right now I am getting this in plane of fire

Issue:
    kill raid mob get 5 min timer
    continue killing trash after this non stop
    30 minutes later timed by lessons I still have 2 minute plus timer

As far as I remember 5 minute timer on live starts counting down as soon as raid mob is no longer engaged and even if a player is still in combat it still counts down down so when you are killing trash eventually you are going to get the usual 30 second timer.
    I guess none of us remember this for sure so I'll try to test this on current live.

13. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Timer should pause(suspend) if in combat, if you kill a raid mob and then pull a trash pack immediately and get into combat for 45 minutes, when you kill that npc your raid timer should continue counting down, it doesn’t magically disappear. Normal trash simply refreshes the 30s timer non matter where you are in the timer once killed and out of combat into rest countdown.

14. Casai

Casai Orc Legionnaire

I did testing comparing current live and peq
    on live timer works as follows:

disengage raid mob - 5 minuter timer starts
    it counts down till next combat encounter
    in combat with trash it pauses
    after combat it continues counting down from the previous value till 30sec that trash mobs give

on peq timer works as follows:
    disengage raid mob - 5 minuter timer starts
    it counts down till next combat encounter
    after combat with trash you get once again 5 minute counter

so once again I think thats a bug

15. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

What trash are you speaking of, the trash could incorrectly be flagged.

16. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

There are also some "trash" mobs in zones where the whole zone is raid flagged, so you get 5 min timers on "trash"

17. Casai

Casai Orc Legionnaire

I am talking about non raid flaged trash in pofire

I also do not think that they are incorrectly flagged as when I am killing the same mobs after I cleared all properly flaged raid mobs in pofire they give me 30sec timers.

18. Casai

Casai Orc Legionnaire

ps: on live I was testing the same mobs in same zone

19. Coreidan

Coreidan Orc Pawn

This can be verified in any zone that has raid mobs in it. A perfect example is RCOD. There is the murkglider breeder, which is an epic mob for SK. It's not an event, just a single raid mob you kill. As easy as the mob is, it's flagged as a raid mob, therefore you get hit with the 5 minute timer. None of the mobs around him are raid mobs. None of the mobs that path through the area are raid mobs. All regular mobs except for breeder. You never get flagged for 5 minutes for killing any of the mobs (other than breeder).

Today I killed the murkglider. I waited out the 5 minute timer, but with 5 seconds left I got aggroed by a non-raid mob. After the mob was dead the timer got bumped to 2.5 minutes.

This is without a doubt broken. If things were working correctly, the timer should have reset to 35 seconds (or 30 seconds i guess, given the explanation provided earlier in this thread).

It seems like the code doesn't consider if it's a normal mob when a raid timer is ticking. Instead if the raid timer is ticking it refreshes the timer to 2.5 minutes when a normal mob is killed.

That is my observation. I've have seen this observation across many different mobs and zones.

20. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

I think I see where the bug is happening.