Looking for AA grind guide for new player

Discussion in 'General' started by ozzy11, Oct 25, 2020.

1. ozzy11

ozzy11 Orc Pawn

Hey everyone!

I just recently hit 70 on my first group, and i'm looking for tips for grinding 100-300 aa's until starting my second group.

So far, I've just been getting AA's from hunting gear upgrades and for lessons, ill be in HoH.

I'm still sub 100 aa.

Thanks in advance!

2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

There is a useful guide by Apollo that is pinned, may look there.

3. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

My guide is more for AA Buylists (prioritizing the lists for each class), I think he's more looking for advice on where to farm the best exp. I do appreciate the shout-out though ;)

I left leveling off of my list because methods tend to vary depending on party composition, so the optimal answer will similarly vary person to person. That, and there's already an in-game NPC listing hotzones.

I guess @ozzy, the only spots that are really particularly lucrative for exp that aren't listed on the Hotzone rotation are MPG & RSS in OOW expansion (RSS is an equiv. ZEM to PoFire).

There's also revamped Splitpaw, which has an indoor ZEM bonus and mobs in zone ranging from lvl 67-73, so decent /cons and easy pulls (just be careful about the tons of roamers).

Elemental planes on their own can be a decent spot as well, though only Fire and Earth really have substantial groups of mobs for easy grinding. It's also a little tedious getting toons flagged for elemental PoP just to access them, especially since there's almost literally NO gear incentive to Elementals/PoTime in this current era. Still, if you've got some work already done on it, those could be an option too (the flag restriction does mean that they tend to be less populated than other exp spots).

HoH where you mentioned you were fighting is a pretty decent spot on its own though. Good mob density, PoP era so the incoming damage isn't that severe, and if you have a rogue with max Anatomy AA, they're viable targets for Assassinate to fire which just speeds up kills even more. Plus, it's on the hotzone rotation so 1/3 of the month it's even nicer. Unless you're really struggling with overpopulation there (not uncommon at all), I wouldn't worry too much about relocating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

Looking at the hotzone list: How is Bastion of Thunder (60-70), The Plane of Wind (65-70), Kod`Taz (65-70)?

Also, are some places going to be worth exping at 65? Like if you can get 10aa/hour in Halls of Honour at 70, can you get 9.5 aa/hour in some of the lower end hotzones at 65? Like Riwwi, Veksar, The Hole, Siren's Grotto, or Barindu? Or classic live exp spots that I don't see on here like Plane of Tactics or Plane of Storms? How about revamped dungeons other than Infected Paw, like Droga, ChardokB, and SolC?

5. ozzy11

ozzy11 Orc Pawn

I appreciate the reply apollo. So far seems HoH is best given my make up/gear situation with low aas. Probably when i hit 100-150 aas ill try out splitpaw.

6. JR901

JR901 Orc Pawn

If you have seb keys, I found juggs to be really good for starting out, especially when it’s a hot zone—kill speed is crazy fast with a pretty quick respawn and good pp to be had.

You’ll outgrow it, but you might like it for a while.

7. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

Do Juggs still give exp at 70, or is that a pre-70 camp only?

8. JR901

JR901 Orc Pawn

Juggs are blue at 70, as are the reets that are peppered in. Shrooms are mostly green but can still give a nice little exp boost if you need to pull a group of 5 while waiting for repops .