Getting overwhelmed by mobs and need to evac

Discussion in 'E3' started by dattan1977, Nov 29, 2020.

1. dattan1977

dattan1977 Orc Pawn

I'm having issues when my group is overwhelmed with mobs and I can't get them to disengage in a fight. I try /stick off but they go right back to fighting and chasing mobs around. Currently I have auto assist set to ON and for my melee's their assist set to Melee. I'm thinking this may be the issue. Can't seem to figure out the right commands to get my group to stop fighting and get close to my druid for an evac. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

/backoff is the command to end all assist.

3. dattan1977

dattan1977 Orc Pawn

Thanks, that worked mostly. I turned off Auto-Assist in the Advanced Settings INI and my bots all stopped attacking when I hit /backoff. Now I just can't get my main to not attack. Clicking Melee Attack doesn't work either does Attack Off. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

4. Cryk

Cryk Orc Pawn

You must be using MQ2Melee or something else is interfering with E3 would be my guess. If you want to attack with everyone except your tank you can do /assistme /not|tank (tank being the name of the character).

That is what I do, I control from a SK and have two Warriors but I want them free for other mobs so they don't attack on my regular assist button. I have separate keys just for those tanks to engage. My main assist button is /assistme /not|tank1 tank 2 and the two other keys are /assist me /only|tank1 & /assistme /only|tank2. Get used to using /not and /only as you'll be using it throughout your tenure here. You can do the same stuff with /backoff and only backoff melee but not tanks if you want. In your example /backoff disengages everyone, including pets.

I'd do a /plugin list and see if MQ2Melee is loaded, unload it if so.

5. dattan1977

dattan1977 Orc Pawn

That was it. I didn't understand there was a difference between e3 and MQ2Melee when I started. I turned MQ2Melee off on each melee but that wasn't good enough I guess. Unloading it did the trick. Thanks a ton!

A few other questions if I can hijack my own thread.

My main doesn't have snare but one of my toons does. Right now I hit a button and they cast snare but sometimes is fizzles or gets resisted and I have no idea. Is there a way to get a message on my main that snare took? I haven't set snare up as a debuff in e3 because I sometimes don't want to cast it until later in the fight so it doesn't draw aggro.

When I did a /plugin list I had 18 plugins. Should they all be unloaded and just use e3?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cryk

Cryk Orc Pawn

I don't know if you can get a message stating snare took but you could set up an audio trigger for it, you would just need to get the text when it successfully lands "Sosando has been ensared" or whatever the correct text is and then a noise will play when it sees that.

No you don't want to unload everything, my plugins are below;

[Plugins]
    mq2ic=1
    mq2eqbc=1
    mq2fps=1
    mq2netadvpath=1
    mq2twist=1
    mq2exchange=1
    mq2autologin=1
    mq2moveutils=1
    mq2itemdisplay=1
    mq2chatwnd=0
    mq2chat=1
    mq2cast=1
    mq2netbots=1
    mq2hud=1
    mq2turbo=1
    MQ2IniExt=1
    mq2melee=0
    mq2maplite=1
    mq2linkdb=1
    mq2camera=1
    mq2autotrade=1

7. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I notice quite a few people having this issue when they first get going.

MQ2Melee Plugin usage seems fairly common on other servers (even Live), but it definitely does NOT work with the E3 Macro. If you're running E3, you don't need it; nor does not running it leave you without key features.

I can't help but wonder if there were a more apparent place to put this info so that less people run into confusion. Using E3 and MQ2Melee together causes a number of different issues, but the most readily obvious is that disengaging from targets is problematic. Glad you got it sorted, though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aciging

Aciging Orc Pawn

Would the maxtries keyword work to help with recast upon fizzle/resist?

Something like
    /bct toon //casting Ensnare 5 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${Me.ID}

I think that would be cast ensnare from gem 5, try 3 times total and give up on my current target. I am just not sure what causes the maxtries to kickoff casting it again and if that covers both fizzles and resists. Any veteran players or e3/mq2 geniuses that can comment on the validity of that?

9. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

You could use something like gamtexttriggers to make text/audio/timers based on the text in your logs.

I have not done this, but you can use the [Ifs] section of the ini to make a bot cast snare at a mobs % hp. I'm sure there are examples here somewhere.

10. Igoberzerker

Igoberzerker Orc Pawn

I find that a combination of /backoff and /mtm usually halts all combat quickly.

Definately make sure to disable mq2melee.

-Nighteater