Epic 1.5s ease/usefulness opinions?

Discussion in 'General' started by JR901, Feb 8, 2021.

1. JR901

JR901 Orc Pawn

Hi all,

Anyone have a breakdown of which 1.5s are easiest and/or most useful/power shifting? Especially considering that I’ll probably not ever get to the point of 2.0s (or at least not for a long while). I’ve started my warrior’s 1.5 and am trying to set a roadmap for getting some more. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

—Klerb & Co.

2. Igoberzerker

Igoberzerker Orc Pawn

Cleric 1.5 is one of the easier ones to do and the most valuable in my opinion. e3 uses it really well and it gives a massive boost to survivability.

Bard 1.5 is probably a close second in value. It really increases burn DPS.

Warrior 1.5 is worth having if you don't use a knight to tank everything, warriors kinda suck at aggro without it.

Thats probably my top 3 in order.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bogre

bogre Orc Centurion

The shaman epic is hands down the most powerful epic in what it brings to your overall dps. It's pretty easy but tedious with all the collecting. The ukun in ds is super lame but easy.

Even the 1.5 is insane:

"Places the boon of the Fateseer on your group, which grants a 496% non-cumulative increase to the damage of their critical melee attacks, increases the chance their melee attacks will deal critical damage by 50%, and heals them for 2 health every 6 seconds for 1 min."

Boosts the amount you crit for and the amount you crit while providing a hot. So good. Paired with a bard epic and you have your accuracy covered.

Shaman>bard>melee dps epics (zerker is easiest 1.5, but zerkers take so much gear to be good it's best to do monk first)

• Like Like x 2
  4. radditsu

radditsu Orc Pawn

I have done 4 clerics, shadowknight, rogue, zerker, warrior so far. All are useful except the shadowknight really.

Shadowknight and Zerker were incredibly easy. Just farming.The clerics the next step up because the last fight is hard if the adds get to the clerics, but can be kited. I did a lot of exp in Barindu for earrings and rings so notes were easy to come by. The 1.0 was harder due to the fragment farming.

The warriors last fight is extremely hard. I had a very hard time and had to have help.

The rogue... just no. It’s tradeskills. Nothing but tradeskills. And the Renux fight is absolute junk. You have 45 seconds or you wipe after her AE. The insult to injury was getting 30 bots to the top of the spectre tower to fight a semi god who was easier than the fight before.

I am working on the shaman and I will do bards once I can get Fire access for mephit blood. So far the worst part of Shaman is finding Nadox up. I am also thinking about the monk next. But the seventh hammer keying sounds terrible.

The Wizard pre quest has some issues with the ground spawn in the gorge. I think it can spawn in the walls looking at MQemulator. Doing the actual 1.0 is just about impossible.

I am a 30 boxer with elemental level gear if that helps. And 6 of my toons are undergeared so I am doing it with a good 24.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bogre

bogre Orc Centurion

The sk epic is amazing. For many reasons.. mass pulling it heals for the damage you do.. but it also heals your grp for the damage they do. So if your sk is in your wars grp then your warrior gets healing for every swing.

Sk also adds accuracy for a minute.. it's far from useless and probably the most overpowered epic they made. They had to nerf sks on live because of it, and other abilities stacking and making them invincible swarming for xp.

Make sure you click it in your wars grp or put the sk in your last slot for a melee dps grp for the accuracy buff since you don't have bard epics yet

• Like Like x 1
  6. radditsu

radditsu Orc Pawn

I stand corrected.
    I have a war war sk monk(I assume the aura is good?) clr bard as my tank group. I just never put two and two together on the usefulness of it. I may be doing a lot of things wrong as well, I can’t find old resources about raid setups in this era. I quit at the start of the expansion back in the day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bogre

bogre Orc Centurion

Monk aura is good for a tank group but monks are far better off in a melee dps group..

Something like sham, bars, rog, zerk, mnk (free slot: best, rng, cleric, another monk)

• Like Like x 1
  8. kosmoss

kosmoss Orc Pawn

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JR901

JR901 Orc Pawn

Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess I’ll be doing sham and SK next when I finish the war.

I’ve been using a combo of eqprogression and more PEQ-specific info, and it’s been great so far—that site has killer guides for sure!

10. radditsu

radditsu Orc Pawn

I just finished up the shaman. It was pretty easy. The hardest part was having the megalodon fight because of the swimming, and keying a group for HS.

I have been working in the 1.5 prequest for my not epiced wizards and just spent about 150k on research skill ups. So you may want to hold off on that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Igoberzerker

Igoberzerker Orc Pawn

[​IMG]

Once you do cleric epic 9 times you never have to do it again. Glad i got that one out of the way hehehehe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

The berserker epic is not too difficult at all, and it's easily one of the top as far as valuable melee epic weapons. It's ridiculously beyond anything that drops in this era with its ratio (nevermind the clicky which is also amazing), whereas epics like Rogue are only marginally better ratio-wise than stuff that drops in CoA and most of their value is largely from the click effects.
    Not to say any epics aren't really worthwhile, but I'd definitely put Berserker towards the top of the list as far as relevance, ease, and overall desirability.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

I always felt like the SK epic here would be a huge waste of time. At least for my purposes. If you aren't boxing too many then it might be really good. On live it was amazing especially like 8+ years after oow came out. The only way I think it would be good here is if you don't have enough healers to put one in every group and really need the extra heals on some melee dps. The healing for a tank is insignificant.

War>Brd>Clr

Edit: I should add that war is #1 because of the aggro focus it has on it. If you already have Time bp or qvic gloves then I would rank it lower. Also if you aren't really killing stuff that requires a war to tank then that would also make it go down in the list.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  14. Xelene

Xelene Orc Pawn

It was insanely broken for a while around House of Thule time. There was some AA you could get and Epic 2.0 clicky meant you could agro an entire zone, sit yourself in a corner and riposte all the damage with lifetaps included and basically kill everything without risk. Think it was around 10 AA per pull. Way faster and safer than the mad stuff Bards could do during PoK times. It's kind of pointless on live now with how many AA's you get granted, and pretty boring playstyle if you're just wanting to play EQ. Good catch up mechanic at the time tho. Think I used to clear some lake type zone in TSS, don't remember :)

For the original Epic 1.0, some were good during Kunark, notably Bard, Cleric, Encahnter, Monk, Rogue & Warrior. Most of the others were more Solo / Group things that just fell away as soon as Velious landed.

Once you hit Vex Thal or PoP the only ones worth keeping were the Bard and Cleric epics. There was a distinct lack of equipment with Singing modifiers until Plane of Time, and free 96% Rez is always good.

15. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I agree on the Bard epic, but the Cleric 1.0 is easily replaced by the Blessing of Resurrection AA clerics get. Not only is it a few AA points as opposed to an entire 1.0 quest, but if you factor in the 10.0 sec cast time on the 1.0, the AA is actually faster rezzes per minute. It has a few second cooldown as an aa, but it's much faster to cast & ends up saving a few seconds per click off the Cleric Epic.

16. Xelene

Xelene Orc Pawn

These weren't available on Live until Seeds of Destruction, so era appropriate the Cleric Epic still was useful. (although nobody ever mained it, it was just in a bag as a useful tool) The Bard one was for sure the hardest to get rid of. (Edit: I was a Bard on Live in a raiding guild up until the end of PoP, carted that epic around everywhere and couldn't get shot of it)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021