Problem in Sewers of Nihilila: The Purifying Plant

Discussion in 'General' started by Tharsis, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Problem: I can't get Ansharu to spawn the "an aged stonemite" necessary to progress the instance.

I'm following Gates of Discord Progression #1: Sewers of Nihilia
    The first step leads me to Group Expedition: Sewers of Nihilia, the Purifying Plant

I talked to the High Priest, then to Scribe Gurru, then back to the High Priest to receive the instance. I zone in and kill my way to Ansharu. I hail Ansharu. [At the time, I did not pay attention to the response.] I kill my way to the stonemite room but it's empty. No "an aged stonemite" to kill. I use my rogue to scout the whole zone and none are found in any room. None are on bard track.

I kill my way back to Ansharu and hail again. This is the response:
    Ansharu tells you, "Please, keep your voice down. I am here against the wishes of the invaders. I must study the entomology of the stonemites that infest this area of the sewers. So now, you must leave from my sight before you draw attention to me."

Here is Ansharu's quest file. I don't see that response listed.
    Code:
    sub EVENT_SPAWN {
      $counter = 0;
      $event = 0;
    }

sub EVENT_SAY {
      if (($text=~/hail/i) && ($event == 1)) {
        quest::say("Don't bother me until your work is done!");
      }
      if (($text=~/hail/i) && ($event == 2)) {
      quest::emote("tells you, 'I heard the squeal of the massive Kayserops even here.  Excellent work!  I hope that another leader does not rise to take its place any time soon.  You must go back and tell Diru of what has happened here!");
        $group = $entity_list->GetGroupByClient($client);
        if ($group) {
          for ($count = 0; $count < $group->GroupCount(); $count++) {
            if ($group->GetMember($count)) {
              push (@player_list, $group->GetMember($count)->GetName());
            }
          }
        }
        foreach $player (@player_list) {
          $pc = $entity_list->GetClientByName($player);
         if ($pc) {
            $charid = $pc->CharacterID();
            quest::targlobal("temp_sewers", 1, "F", 283052, $charid, 283);
            $pc->Message(4,"You receive a temporary flag!");
         }
        }
      }
      if (($text=~/hail/i) && ($event == 0)) {
        quest::emote("tells you, 'Diru sent you yes?  I am so happy you have come to help us.  I have determined that the source of the problem lies in the alpha leader of these stonemites.  It is a large and ancient stonemite that I have named the Kayserops.  I noticed that when together with it they are able to move about more effectively, as if it is able to communicate with them where to go.  Without this alpha leader, I think they would lose this ability and may have a harder time finding their way in to the city.  Find the aged stonemites. I have seen the Kayserops protecting these elders.  Defeating them may draw its attention.");
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, -96, -1679, -89, 414); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, -41, -1685, -89, 422); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, 2, -1658, -89, 396); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, 18, -1614, -89, 382); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, 5, -1559, -89, 340); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, -12, -1517, -89, 318); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, -56, -1484, -89, 268); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, -53, -1586, -87, 360); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        quest::spawn2(287021, 0, 0, -120, -1573, -89, 270); # NPC: an_aged_stonemite
        $event = 1;   
      }
    }

sub EVENT_SIGNAL {
      if ($signal == 0) {
        $event = 2;
      }
      if ($signal == 1) {
        $counter += 1;
      }
      if (($counter == 9) && ($event == 1)) {
        quest::spawn2(287145, 0, 0, -45, -1616, -87, 380); # NPC: #Ancient_Kayserops
      }
    }

sub EVENT_ITEM {
      plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
    }

How do I spawn the necessary named mobs to complete this instance?

2. hg

hg GM

That's the wrong script, looks like it was accidentally re-added on the day the expeditions were rebased. The response you're seeing is from snplant/encounters/stonemites.lua

As far as it not spawning the stonemites, make sure you're hailing Ansharu with the same character that requested the expedition (they can only be spawned by a player on the progression step). Paste the response you receive from hailing the High Priest if this still isn't working. If you have logging enabled and can get the responses when you first did this that may be helpful too.

3. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

More info, just in case it matters...

Day 1: First time zoning into Barindu. I talk to the High Priest. I talk to Scribe Gurru. I talk to High Priest again and am given the Purifying Plant expedition. It's late and I don't finish. I port out to PoK and log for the night. I don't remember specifically if I /dzquit or just let the expedition fail due to time but I'm betting on the latter.

Day2: Port to Barindu. I talk to the High Priest and am given the Purifying Plant expedition upon the first hail. No need to talk to Scribe Gurru this time. This is the expedition that never spawned "an aged stonemite." I port out then /dzquit this expedition.

Day 3: Port to Barindu. I talk to the High Priest but I don't immediately receive the Purifying Plant expedition. I talk to Scribe Guruu. I talk to the High Priest again and am given the Purifying Plant expedition. This instance spawns the stonemites and later, Kayserops. All are defeated and the expedition is won.