Server Code Stability Testing

Discussion in 'General' started by Akkadius, May 10, 2021.

1. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

We need testers this week to test on the Sandbox. Code is not on Sandbox yet but this post is mainly starting the look for volunteers

The reason why we need to test is we have a few months of code changes that need quality control testing to ensure we don't have any too crazy of issues seep into PEQ Live

Let us know if you're interested. Will be in the next few days. The testing will focus more around breadth rather than depth (Make sure most things just appear to work)

One emphasis I will say is that Expeditions has been getting reworked in the backend so it would be good to do some deeper testing to ensure nothing critical has been broken

Below are the changes over the past several months. Let us know if you have any questions

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Akkadius

Sandbox has been updated and is ready to start testing on. Sandbox (Test server) is exclusively available on the ProjectEQ Loginserver

3. Akkadius

Characters have been copied over from PEQ Live that have logged in the past week

4. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

For expeditions:
    I ran a MPG Foresight Raid and did /dzquit was successfully sent to portal stone.
    Started a LDoN Prison Break then quit and teamed up with Reili (Ilirith) and finished same LDoN, removed my NEC from expedition window and raid. Waited till he ported to entrance and /dzadd and raided up and coh no troubles.

Only things different I noticed is wizard aa familiar is a skele and E3 doesn't dismiss them automatically (TBH I can't actually remember if I seen the aa familiar on PEQ or not with E3 getting rid of them for me). I couldn't get the Greater familiar to dismiss by itself either. Also the bazaar NPC's are wearing their Halloween costumes. Both of these thing I understand are probably irrelevant but figured better to mention either way.

5. Akkadius

Thank you very much for testing.

It sounds like there weren't any major breaking changes that you could see otherwise?

I'm not sure if anything changed with regards to Wizard AA familiar although I think there may have been some pet adjustments in recent time

Halloween is a non-issue; it just was on when Sandbox was brought up initially

6. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

Yes everything else smooth so far, will do more testing later :)

7. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

some things I ran into that u can change to make switching to Test server easier:
    MQ2Autologin.ini:
    [Servers]
    ;peqtgc=[PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War
    peqtgc=ProjectEQ - Sandbox (Misc Test)
    --changed my autologin to that and switch the semicolon as needed.

Your UI and character files:
    -make a COPY of all the PEQTGC's and rename them to peq-sandbox-t
    I placed them all in a Temp folder and in elevated powershell I did:
    ls | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.name -replace "PEQTGC","peq-sandbox-t"}
    Ex. UI_Rasek_PEQTGC.ini renamed to UI_Rasek_peq-sandbox-t.ini
    Rasek_PEQTGC.ini renamed to Rasek_peq-sandbox-t.ini

And lastly save all spell sets as main after you log in

8. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

Did some more testing and everything seems smooth.

Went in and started CoA then went afk awhile and /exit. Came back after expired and nothing bad happened. Ran a Tipt all the way thru, did /dzquit, knocked 3 group members out and invited 3 new ones got a new Tipt and everyone zoned in without crashing. Went back in to CoA also. Left all 36 afk in Guild Lobby for a great deal of time also.