GPU suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by Popper, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Popper

Popper Orc Centurion

Looking for GPU suggestions on newegg.ca (Canada), Something around $120-150 CAD, strictly for EQ running 54

HP Z620 Workstation
    Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 0 @ 2.20GHz 8 core
    RAM: 64gb

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

not sure what pricing would be, but I'm fairly certain most modern GPUs could handle EQ.

What I would do is talk to players in game who run 54 or more and see what they use (sometimes they don't post on forums often).

and use this guide to help setup your bots

http://www.projecteq.net/forums/index.php?threads/advanced-boxing-setup-guide.15462/

adding my specs, I run 24 bots and I have not fully implemented the guide above. I don't have any real issues running it.

Ryzen 5 1600 six-core ~3.2 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    Radeon RX 580 Serires

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  3. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

I have a Radeon HD 5850, Tyree has a 1080ti. My GPU is ancient. We get about the same performance from what I can gather. General consensus that I agree with is that EQ's game engine rely's heavy on CPU more then GPU. We also have same tower as you although we both have 2 cpu's in ours. If you happen to add a CPU and you get crazy lag we have to use a program to manage cpu affinities (both using ProcessLasso).

4. Popper

Popper Orc Centurion

5. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

This is with a brand new built computer ( i9 cpu, 128gb ram )

RX580 8gb ram could smoothly handle 54. could PUSH it to 72 but would overheat and crash about 1-2 times a day. (and no way was i going to water cool something that old.
    RX580 4gb ram could smoothly run 42. 54 was pushing it and could greatly tell.

6. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Older Laptop with i7-3630qm Intel UHD graphics ( on chip)
    would smoothly run 54 for long periods of time. But when pushing 72 would get extremely hot. (its a laptop). Required additional cooling to hit 72.