Noob needs help

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by hudge, Jan 25, 2022.

1. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

Not sure if this is in the right section but there are a lot of things I can't make work but I'll start off with a couple so I don't end up with a list as long as my arm. My programming exp peaked with .bat files back in the early 90's pre windows.
    Firstly mq2autogroup doesn't seem to be working properly...or at all. I have my the names added. Ive done some research on the web and there seems to be an commands missing. I'm not sure if it's a version issue but basically I want to be able to automatically group up all the bots I log on without having to invite them individually. Not sure if there is another method of doing this but that's why I'm here asking.
    Secondly MQ2AutoAcceptTrades doesn't seem to work at all. I Try giving one of my bots something and it doesn't automatically accept the trade.
    Well thats all for now, I'm sure I'll not be able to work something else out and I'll throw up another post. Thanks in advance

2. clippy

clippy A Griffin

Most of us here use E3 and it has a grouping feature, so no need to use mq2autogroup.

mq2autoaccepttrades is known to crash randomly. mq2autotrade works better.
    Using a /trade command like this might work even more better:

Code:
    /if (${Window[tradewnd]}) /bcaa //notify tradewnd TRDW_Trade_Button leftmouseup

3. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

well that seemed to of fix the trades but do I need to hotkey it or can I add it somewhere so it will load when I log in ?

4. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

I would make a hotkey within EQ (That's how I use it). Then I setup the same hotkey in the same hotkey slot on every character so that no matter which character I'm on I can manually trade and have both hit accept at the same time.

5. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

Ok cool, that's what I'll do then. Any fix for the grouping problem ?

6. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

I second the recommendation to not use mq2autogroup and instead use the grouping features of e3.
    Group up however you want to.
    Make leaders on whomever you want to.
    /savegroup MemorableNameHere
    Then next time you log on....
    /group MemorableNameHere

Or.... Raids on PEQ persist even when you log out. Make a raid. Even if it's 6 players in a single group, the raid, and thus the group, will likely still be there when you log back on. The trick is to use /raidinvite instead of /invite. Raids don't always persist - sometimes they disband when you log off - but more times than not is better than never.

7. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

cool, will do that in abit when I log on. Is there a list of the E3 commands somewhere? Save me constantly asking on here

8. Thorny954

Thorny954 Orc Pawn

9. eonEQemu

I made 4 "group leaders" who invite their group and made EQ hotkeys and assigned them all to the same hotkey slot, then use /bct leadername //keypress (name of key) so I can form groups with a single key but still use EQ's grouping commands. I only have 4 groups, so might not work with 1 hotkey for more than 5.

10. ultrax

ultrax Chetari Dominator

The other option is the make a macro. run the macro and have the leaders invite and then form raid next.
    /bct GroupLeader1Name //invite somechar x6 per group
    /raidinvite GroupLeader1Name

11. eonEQemu

/bct GroupLeader1Name //invite somechar x5 (leader is already 1, so that's 5 invites)

I have my raid invite on a separate key because sometimes I don't want to form a raid.