New User -- can't create Game Account

Discussion in 'General' started by peglitz, Feb 7, 2022.

1. peglitz

peglitz Orc Pawn

Hello all,

I just signed up on this page. I got the email that has the verification link and clicked it. Obviously I can post in this forum too.

But the most important aspect is not working for me: I cannot create a game account to log in to any of the servers.

The game account creation page throws this error for me:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_array() on boolean in /var/www/html/forums/login_mgmt/ajax/display_tab.php on line 58

Please help :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

The process (last time I used it) is you create an account on EQEmulator Forums, then create a character login server account
    EQEmulator Forums - Create Loginserver Account
    After that is created you click on Game Accounts on this forum (after log in with your forum account) and then Link from EQEmulator
    Then you just log on the game with your login server account.
    Try a different browser if you get the same error message when clicking Game Accounts and post what happens

• Like Like x 1
  3. peglitz

peglitz Orc Pawn

Thank you for your response. I have tried that but when I click on the "Import" button as the last step I always get a "login failure...".
    The password I am typing is 100% correct though.

4. peglitz

peglitz Orc Pawn

I digged some more and followed those intructions:

http://www.projecteq.net/forums/ind...ng-failure-underfoot-client.14221/#post-70273

Result is the same -- it does not work for me.

At his point, sadly, this is kinda rediculous.

Let me phrase again how it is:

- you can create a forum account on PEQ fine
    - you cannot create login server accounts on PEQ
    (they apparently are supposed to be imported/linked over from EQemu or with the "/say #setlsinfo your.email@gmail.com >password<" method which both fail currently)

- you can create a forum account in EQemu fine
    - you can create login server accounts in EQemu fine

- logging into the game with an EQemu LS account requires using login.eqemulator.net:5999
    - logging into the game with a PEQ LS account requires using login.projecteq.net:5999

(If you'd manage to link/sync them you could switch back and forth at will.)

So, when I just go the EQemu route everything is fine in theory. I can create LS accounts and log into the servers.

However, since the eqemulator.net login server very often is having issues (showing empty server lists) people are supposed to use the PEQ login server which seems to be working fine all the time (although not showing player count on servers). But when you can't link your EQemu LS accounts to the PEQ system there is no way for me to use the PEQ LS so I am debarred from game access.

I believe there is once again a hiccup somewhere on PEQ. I don't believe I am doing anything fundamentaly wrong. I tried everything that was suggested and more. But please correct me when you can -- I would love to get this resolved.

Thank you.

Edit:
    Here's the error message once again that pops up by just clicking on "Game Accounts" in the banner:

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_array() on boolean in /var/www/html/forums/login_mgmt/ajax/display_tab.php on line 58

(Looks like a database error to me.)

5. clippy

clippy A Griffin

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. peglitz

peglitz Orc Pawn

Thank you Clippy. (I did indeed change eqhosts.txt appropriately.)

I also followed the guide you listed.

Step 1:
    Click the [Game Accounts] tab on forum, [Link from Eqemulator] then enter your in game login/password to enable that account for direct peq login.

That's the culprit I am talking about. This does not work currently. I will always get a "Failed Login" (my credentials are correct) and the page comes up with the php error I quoted.

7. eonEQemu

Try creating a new/another login server account. Take care to pay attention to capitalization, special characters etc when creating username and password. Try different characters for passwords. See if you get the same result. It may take time for an admin to work on the issue and you want to play sooner rather than later, so try try again at this point. I've had issues with some of my login server accounts not working in the past on this exact step.

8. peglitz

peglitz Orc Pawn

Thank you eonEQemu. I did exactly this. I signed up with a fresh email on PEQ. I signed up with that same email on EQemu. Since I cannot create LS accounts on PEQ, I created accounts on EQemu. I can log into the game using these accounts fine when using eqemulator.net in the eqhosts file. But more often than not that LS server is having issues so I am supposed to switch to PEQ eqhosts file. But on PEQ I cannot login using the LS accounts I created freshly on EQemu.

So I tried linking my EQemu account to PEQ but the same thing happens as before: When I type in my EQemu password I am getting "Login Failure" even though my credentials are correct. (They work when I log into the game and they work when I log into the forums account.)

I don't know what else to do and that php error message clearly isn't something the end user should be greeted with so I think the PEQ server is having an issue linking LS accounts even more so creating LS accounts and evaluating LS account credentials properly.

9. eonEQemu

I just created a new login server account. and received the message on EQEmulator "Successfully created Loginserver Account."
    I then selected Game Accounts on this forum and select Link from EQEmultator and get "Login failure..." - I tried several times and carefully typed username and password.
    I was able to start Everquest (patchme) and logon and get to the Create Character screen on [PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War

So it just looks like the Import option under "Link from EQEmulator" is currently not working, but PEQ can still be logged onto and played.

10. Ozst420

Ozst420 Orc Pawn

bump, having the same issue here. cant link any accounts to peq from eqemu.

11. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Account linking should work again. Something needed to be adjusted when the PEQ Loginserver was moved (http://login.projecteq.net/)

12. eonEQemu

Awesome - Thank you

13. Drusstheaxe2

Drusstheaxe2 Orc Pawn

Might be broken again - first green comes up and says credentials are valid but then says failed to create account.
    I have a total of 5 accounts (1 old one that used to work) and and 4 new ones that I can only get into by using the emu login server - And it breaks my mq2 auto login set up.

14. eonEQemu

Just tested my latest account. I was able to import it and I think I got the same 2 messages you did. But it seems to be correct as it is listed.

15. Drusstheaxe2

Drusstheaxe2 Orc Pawn

hm - not sure then - I can log into new accounts and the older account only with the emu login server - I'd prefer to log in directly with peqtgc as sometimes emu lags a bit.
    I also can't use my mq2Autologin with those accounts for some reason - but all my peq ones work fine.

16. Brandon Adam Childers

Brandon Adam Childers Orc Pawn

Sadly creating a new EQ Emu doesnt work it doesnt send a confirmation email anymore

17. ultrax

ultrax Chetari Dominator

I had just made 5 accounts from EQEMU last week and had no issues in the creation of the account, making the characters, or claiming the account to PEQTGC.

18. Natherr

Natherr Orc Pawn

I just tried two new email addresses and while it says the account was created and an email was sent, I never receive the confirmation email to move forward in the process of creating additional characters.

Well, let me update.

I went to Eq EMU and was looking around for possible answers. j

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/register.php?do=requestemail

follow that link and reenter the email address and it poof as if by magic i finally got the activation email!

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Brandon Adam Childers

Brandon Adam Childers Orc Pawn

Thank you so much!