No longer able to access email for original account.

Discussion in 'General' started by Farulosonot, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Farulosonot

Farulosonot Orc Pawn

Hello there So I haven't been on PEQ in ages... My account exists but can't log into the forums to access my acct etc. I have determined that the account is associated with a long defunct verizon.net email address that I dont have access to anymore. I have toons with lots of progress on them that I am hoping not to lose. I can verify any specific information if needed. I have tried old passwords I thought it might be to no avail. Auto locked it 4 or 5 times now trying. If I click forgot password, it says it is sending a reset email, but there is no way for me to access that email as it doesn't exist anymore. Any help is appreciated.

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

I don't think admins will be able to assist with this. Keep trying passwords would probably be the only thing you could do. Good Luck.

-I see verizon.net is deleted unless you accessed through AOL or Yahoo. Then it is now on those respective systems. all other verizon.net emails and the system is no more.

3. Farulosonot

Farulosonot Orc Pawn

Yeah, sadly we have cancelled Verizon before they dropped email and moved it to AOL. So I never got a notification about the migration. They no longer are doing migrations so I am SOL on the email front. My parents kept verizon though and did the migration, so oddly enough, if just 1 letter was changed in the email attached to this account, I could have them forward it to me and I could get this whole email situation straightened out. Or just update the email to my current (and permanent) one. There are a bunch of other options that can prove I am legit. For instance if an admin googles that email address, you will see it as a contact for a skin on the old EQ skins site and its also associated to my real name and the skin is like 12 years old so would have had to have been some super advanced planning lol. Whatever you guys come up with for me to prove its really me, I can do.

4. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

It's not about proving anything. Admins just simply don't do account administration beyond the account creation process. They don't do recoveries.* So, best option is just to keep trying to guess the password. If you ever used MQ2Autologin.ini you might have passwords in there.

*Unless their policy has changed, I haven't heard that it has though.

5. Farulosonot

Farulosonot Orc Pawn

Ok, thanks for this info. Lets see if one of them responds and can let me know for sure. Thank you

6. Jibekn

Jibekn Orc Pawn

Admins here have no access to the email/password pair or the email, that's eqemulator.net.

Best you can hope for is create a new account, login, create a character(so your account is visible in the server) and try and get your characters moved to the new account. Knowing the account and character names will go a long way in 'proving' its your account(s)