DPS primer for beginners and veterans

Discussion in 'General' started by bogre, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Jibekn

Jibekn Orc Pawn

Thank you, yes i was looking for commentary/advice on raid performance, I may do the changes you suggested, but im set on having 1brd and 1wiz per group for travel as Im lazy and dont want to bother with juggling or TL's. But your point on the 2.0 seems pretty thought out and I can see how a balance at difference % could be the difference between success and wipe. Ill think about adding another clr to my tank group and maybe adding another tank group.

I had figured the monk aura was a huge boost in avoidance that outweighed having more healers. especially since out of group healing is easy with xtars. Im thinking Ill just do 3 monks, not 4, and add another cleric. That way I can run a monk in the tank group until I have 2 cleric 2.0's then swap them.

Thank you again for your advice.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  2. bogre

bogre Orc Centurion

No problem.

Consider the block buff function. I should make a tutorial on it since so many people seem to not realize it is a thing.

You can block buff any group teleport on your wizard and just move it from group to group in raid window and then when you get to the last group unblock it and port. Works the same with evacuate - if you are ever going to western waste and through sirens grove.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jibekn

Jibekn Orc Pawn

I had no idea... I have some thinking to do now haha.

4. Brandon Adam Childers

Brandon Adam Childers Orc Pawn

5. Yalenos

Yalenos Orc Pawn

Tried this yesterday evening with a druid and the succor spell and didnt get it to work.

/bcaa //blockspell add me IDofSuccor this is working

rotate the Druid through the groups, casting succor

/bcaa //blockspell remove me IDofSuccor but no Succor incoming. works only with Mag evac or in raid? something I am missing?

6. Jibekn

Jibekn Orc Pawn

Ive been using it to great effect, but i just add/remove the spell by name through the EQ UI

7. bogre

bogre Orc Centurion

You have to go to the EQ button. It's a game function not a mq2 or e3 function.

It's easy since you just have to do it on one porter. You go to the character tab and then click block buffs, and then it pops up a window that you can type the buff name into.

• Like Like x 1