connection issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Tuono72, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Tuono72

Tuono72 Orc Pawn

is about a month that i have a lot of trouble connecting my crew... im unable to raid from early november, at begin i tought that was due to a road construction site near my house but the works are finished and the problems persist,
    i have tryed another PC and had same trouble,
    then i tried with laptop with same connection and had same trouble,
    then with laptop went to the house under mine (different connection and different provider) and had same trouble
    now im inside the game with 1 toon connected and at top left of the screen i have the green bar moving
    any suggestion?
    thx ;)

Attached Files:

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

I'd say test connection to various internet servers (use several locations) using https://www.speedtest.net/
    see if there are any issues there.

3. Tuono72

Tuono72 Orc Pawn

maybe the problem is from italy to server
    i have tested it even trought a 5g modem and had same trouble
    the speedtest now is not so good but should permit to play a raid or at least more than a group

Attached Files:

4. eonEQemu

Try testing for a location in Canada. I used: Montreal, QC - Route This. As long as you have decent enough up/down as well as low pings that shouldn't be the issue.

How many characters can you get connected?
    How many characters do you have?
    Describe the problem in detail.

5. Tuono72

Tuono72 Orc Pawn

i dont notice any difference in any other thask that im doing with my pc/connection, just with eq;
    now i can connect about 40 and at that point im starting to loose some chars once and then... ( and is not playable) even moving trought a zone is a pain
    i can play with 6/12 max but is not smooth even with 6 i have some kind of lag
    i was able to play flawless with 50 before (november)
    what i should ping ? i did a test with walmart.ca dunno if can be useful

Attached Files:

6. eonEQemu

ping command doesn't provide enough information. for walmart.ca it appears the latency is low, which is good. use https://www.speedtest.net/ connect to several local servers and note the down and upload speeds as well as latency times. Then do the same for Canada.

What other tasks do you do on the internet beside web browsing or email?
    I looked up telecom italia https://fairinternetreport.com/Telecom-Italia and they are decent with speeds, so unless it is just your street block or something effected by what the construction did.
    You could try connecting to a VPN, and then try loading characters just to see what happens/what the differences are.
    You might also try contacting telecom italia and let them know you are having trouble with connectivity

7. Tuono72

Tuono72 Orc Pawn

i add 2 ping test (standard and to canada)
    on the internet i had no issue playng simple games like hearstone no trouble watching netflix / disney+ or prime video
    i've tryed to start a char with the VPS provided with antivirus(bitdefender) as test... and seems the same (i guess that this hole in the green line means bad, not tryed with multiple chars)

Attached Files:

8. eonEQemu

I have those "holes/green bar moving" too and don't have issues connecting.
    Not sure about hearstone, but netflix/disney +, prime most likely primarly use TCP, whereas EQ primarly uses UDP. Main difference is if there is packet loss on UDP (which I don't see on your screenshots) it does not recover that packet and just will send the next one.

This might fix the issue.
    open CMD as administrator (if you are not already) and run the following 3 commands

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

What the last command does is rewrites two registry keys that are used by TCP/IP. This has the same result as removing and reinstalling the protocol.
    These are the registry keys
    SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\
    SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP\Parameters\
    If you wish BEFORE you run the command make a backup of the registry keys incase you need to reapply them, though that is doubtful that you will need to.
    after you run the command, restart your PC. Note that your router may reassign a different local ip address to your machine. If you have any port forwarding on your router you will need to update it.
    After restarting, test a few websites, etc, then try EQ.

9. Tuono72

Tuono72 Orc Pawn

tnx for the support.. i've tryed all but got no improvement, just for info, via vpn was worse, even with 1 char had trouble in tutorial

10. eonEQemu

Well I think you've eliminated all the possible issues on your end. At this point if I was you I would most likely work with your ISP to figure out where the trouble is at. I would inform them when the trouble started and the road construction.

Another test is to try from a completely different area to connect. Perhaps locate a free wifi in your city or use a friends house wifi for a test.