BiC #3 Polished Silvery Key

Discussion in 'General' started by Gaellespie, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Gaellespie

Gaellespie Orc Centurion

According to this script found in this link below the Polished Silvery Key should be spawning one of the locations below. I've been trying to get three of these and in the last two days of looking have only found the ground spawn at loc (-201, -1). Yes I realize the locations listed in the script are in a different order, I've converted them to what would be seen when querying /loc. I don't have a time stamp of when I was able to find one, but it was on Quorum.

-201, -1 Confirmed
    625, -129 Un-confirmed
    -327,-736 Confirmed... however wasn't able to click / pick it up for some reason was glitched. Despawned at 8am gametime
    -233,-172 Un-confirmed
    495,-678 Confirmed

https://mqemulator.net/quest.php?id=5739&view=questfile

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  2. Gaellespie

Gaellespie Orc Centurion

I was scouting around and found one behind the pillar at 500, -680. By the time I got there with my looter it had already despawned (5 am gametime). I'm assuming that is when the respawn event occurs. Now I'm unable to locate the groundspawn at the other locations, so I wonder if one or more of these is under some terrain? Nothing else really makes sense to me.

3. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

4. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Only locations possible are listed in that

5. Gaellespie

Gaellespie Orc Centurion

The lua file on git looks to be identical to the one I linked to at EQEmulator. I've updated the original post with locations I've seen a ground spawn at.

I did finally get all three last night by using the following pattern, hopefully it will be helpful to others. Sitting in the zone constantly checking the spawns was not helpful in any way.
    1) Run in my looter invis and quickly check all spawn points.
    2) Whether I found one or not, go do something else for 90 minutes (this is the event timer event respawn setting)
    3) Repeat

If you know you're going to do BiC on a toon, I'd recommend looting this ahead of time when you don't have to wait around for it because it's blocking your progress.
    One other tip on the Riwwi arena event mentioned in #3 bic. If for some reason you're interrupted in the middle (I went linkdead), you won't have a way to kick the event back off even though you may still have the quest item for that step. The only way to proceed is to start over with the step to deliver the ring for Namosa Bubundu by telling her "favor". In other words make sure you have plenty of time to complete all 10 arena events or you'll have to repeat the Namosa and Turlini quests.

Note: To restart the arena event you will only have to tell an enslaved yunjo "defy the muramites"

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023