MQ2 stuff in OOC 5-14 to 5-21

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by eonEQemu, May 21, 2023.

1. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Di`zok Warlord

These are Questions asked in OOC (and possibly answered) in the past week.
    I am going to try and post this weekly (if I can) for the benefit of others.
    These questions will focus on MQ2 related subjects and will not include login/password related questions, questions about everquest (mobs, quests, tradeskills etc) or whether or not Barbatos is around.
    Feel free to correct or add any solutions if you know what one is.

groups keep casting on the same person for /t target buff me
    I'm Not sure if this was resolved, and if it was that /tgb was off or not.

Do all toons automatically load main spellset when you boot up or reload e3?
    It uses what you have memorized until you die, zone with 3 empty slots, or tell it to load a spell set.
    /ss main
    /ss fire
    /ss cold
    /ss (spell set name)

used /savegroup and then /group caused all boxes to crash.
    locate
    ~\Games\MQ70\Macros\e3 Macros\e3 Macro Inis\Saved Groups.ini
    delete everything in the file, save and try again.
    put all groups together and
    /savegroup Main, then /group Main

autologin questions: use tinyurl.com/Chance650 and scroll down to autologin and click link to document. All information for the setup, etc should be there.

How to create multiple accounts using a single email. Normally you can create 3 loginserver accounts (accounts that login to a eqemu server) initially and then 1 per week. However you can reregister on using +1, +2 etc. in the email address. Example everquester@gmail.com, then register with everquester+1@gmail.com. Both email addresses go to the same account, everquester@gmail.com. This works on Gmail and other email accounts (not all) but it's fairly common if you don't want to use gmail, you don't have to.
    These other email services have this feature:
    Yahoo Mail
    Outlook
    iCloud Mail
    AOL Mail
    Zoho Mail
    ProtonMail

Moving character through dungeons with small walkways. Usually, if it is narrow space I take one group at a time as they can squeeze together in a smaller space than my whole raid. Example would be the bridge in Chardok. Now I beilieve someone was trying to get through upper guk (across the wooden planks I think). You could try setup a couple of toons as waypoint toons and then use commands to move your army one at a time between the waypoint characters.
    the command you use is /mtm /only|${Target.Name}. each waypoint character would have to have a "hotkey" with this command, then tell that character to target your target and issue the command setting a delay between a couple of characters, like 3 seconds or so depending on distance.
    On your character
    /multiline ; /mtm /only|${Target.Name};/bct waypointBot1 //tar id ${Target.ID};/bct waypointBot2 //tar id ${Target.ID};/timed 30 /bct waypointBot1 //keypress 1;/timed 60 /bct waypointBot2 //keypress 1;
    On waypoint Bot 1 and 2, the hotkey for 1 will have the command
    /mtm /only|${Target.Name}.
    Then target the first non waypoint toon and issue the command.

How would I write a hotkey to tell all bards to target my target?
    2 options:
    /multiline ; /bct Bardname //tar ID${Target.ID};/bct Bardname2 //tar ID${Target.ID};
    etc
    or create a channel by class and then issue eqbc commands to the channel

When I change targets it turns off auto attack. How do I disabled that?
    I am not sure why auto attack would just turn off. I control attacking by using the commands:
    /assiston (for my whole raid to attack) or /assistme
    /backoff to stop attack before something is dead
    when i switch targets, I just call /assiston on the next target (even when first is not dead)
    If I only want my group to attack I use
    /assiston /only|group
    If I want another group (just one in my raid, that my character is not in to attack) I use
    /multiline ; /bct Casteringroup2 //tar id ${Target.ID};/timed 1 /bct Casteringroup2 //Keypress (a hotkey on Casteringroup2)
    On Casteringroup2 the hotkey is setup with /assiston /only|group
    You can refine it to have Tank engage first, etc if you wanted to.

Is there a command for /finditem to only report those that doesn't have the item?
    Yes, Find missing item
    /fmi itemname

Trying to do /bcaa //say North Ro to a LDON magus...
    While you could use /bcaa //say you will also need to make sure you target the npc first as well as drop invisibility (if it is on)
    For any translocater it is better to use /bark (it handles targetting, dropping invis on rogues, etc)
    Note it will spam whatever you "bark" at them
    /bark North Ro

Is there a button I can make to make just my wizzy take a med break?
    yes, If you want all wizards
    /medon /only|WIZ
    if just one character
    /medon /only|CharacterName
    If you want him to continue to med even after full mana use
    /medon /only|Charactername hold
    to stop medding (esp while on hold)
    /medoff
    If you want only your target to med
    /medon /only|${Target.Name}

how do I fix the white out in Velks?
    turn off advanced lighting. Alt O, Display tab, Advanced button, uncheck use advanced lighting

Is there a command to tell all my toons to click the PoK book?
    stand near the book and use
    /clickit
    if you are near a zoneline that you are facing
    use run to zone
    /rtz

How can I tell mage pet to move back to me?
    /pet backoff
    without the hold AA you will need to spam the hotkey

I'm trying to use the /ma Scribe command but get "the specified command requires an alias, file, driver, or device name. Please supply one."
    use
    /mac Scribe
    while targeting the vendor.
    you can also set a level range.
    /mac scribe 5 7
    will scribe spells level 5 to 7 until you run out of funds or inventory space.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fanta123

Fanta123 Orc Pawn

I think this is part of the mq2melee plugin, I had to unload it to stop that from happening.