Monk 1.5 - Disciple of Moon

Discussion in 'General' started by budlae, Jul 18, 2023.

1. budlae

budlae Orc Pawn

Hi there;

I am currently in the process of trying to do the Monk 1.5 for 3 monks.

I have managed to get them all to at least the stage where they need to kill the Disciple of Moon in Western Wastes. I've killed the DoM on Monk one, and am now trying to do the other two. The issue is that the DoM is not spawning when saying the trigger phrase.

I did have all three monks at the DoM spawn point when the first one spawned him, and now the other two do not seem to be able to do so. I've tried multiple times of day as well as around the coords (3300 / 2800), but it will not spawn.

The npc Disciple of Moon Trap is targetable and there, but it doesn't cause the DoM to spawn. I'm wondering if i have broken Ikkymonktwo and Ikkymonkthrees flags by having them in the zone when the DoM died for the first kill. Also, none of the monks have been getting the emote that is meant to broadcast when they zone in.

Have i broken their flags by doing it this way? I've tried camping and zoning out and in and it still doesn't seem to be working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Morridon

2. clippy

clippy A Griffin

3. budlae

budlae Orc Pawn

I had seen that. I've tried spawning him a couple of hours after doing it the first time yesterday, but nothing, and he still won't spawn today either. From reading that, the mob is meant to spawn when i run within 40 points of the spawn area?

4. clippy

clippy A Griffin

It should spawn if the timer is done, and you have a monk at the correct step of the epic in proximity of the spawn area, yea.

If it doesnt work, there is two possible explanations:
    a) someone else recently triggered the spawn
    or
    b) you somehow missed a previous step on some of your monk epics.

You can figure out if its "b" pretty easily.
    The step you need to do directly before is this:

Turn in both halves of Kaiaren's Diary to Vortix in Plane of Tranquility (sets monk_epic to 5)

So make sure you still dont have those in your inventories.

5. budlae

budlae Orc Pawn

Ok, i thought that was the case. No, I've done Wygrish and Quigli on all three of them, and they all have the Symbol of the Sun and the Symbol of Order from SD and PoJ and no Diaries. I took them all back to Vortix in PoTranq and hailed him and he gave them the letter to give to get the thread, so i'm assuming that means that the flag is appropriately set as that is listed as "eq.set_global("monk_epic","6",5,"F");" on https://mqemulator.net/quest.php?id=375&view=questfile

I've had them in the zone for about 3 hours now =/ I've managed to kill two banished efreeti for Sol Ro Access in the time i've been here

6. clippy

clippy A Griffin

Ok, I don't know then, sorry

7. budlae

budlae Orc Pawn

Its ok, thanks for the help :)

8. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

Generally speaking (and I know this isn't very helpful to you right now) it's best not to try and 'stack' epics. As in, try to do the same epic on more than one character at the same time. It can mess up the qglobals.

Note the spawn condition is that your qglobal is set to 5.

Also, as I recall this fight, you need to be right on top of the trap to spawn the Disciple. Not just sitting at the zone in, at least that's how it was for me x4.

9. Yalenos

Yalenos Orc Pawn

did this some months ago with 3 monks at the same time. Result was spawning the disciples one after one was killed, so i had 3 corpses for looting. I think, that 2 of your toons missing a step.

10. budlae

budlae Orc Pawn

Hi Skream;

Yeah, getting the impression that next time will just be one at a time!

I think that is what i am at now, as they were all able to spawn the Disciple of Sun which also needs qglobal to be >= 5, so i guess they are all at the right stage.

Yeah, tried standing on it, running around, standing on top of the pillar, running about, but nothing =(

11. budlae

budlae Orc Pawn

Not sure what flag they are missing, they've all done Kaiaren diary's, and they were all able to spawn the Disciple of Sun

12. joligario

joligario GM Staff Member

For your globals, #1 is at 9 and #2/3 are both at 6. If you like, I can put them both back to 5.

13. budlae

budlae Orc Pawn

Hi JJ,

I completed One's 1.5 today, so he's fine, The Keeper is a pest.

I had a look at the GitHub, and it looks like because they hailed Vortix in PoTranq before getting the final symbol, and I had them give the letter to Eryke in the bazaar, this set their flag to 6. The DoM trap spawn is listed as if(qglobals["monk_epic"] == "5" so you can't then spawn him if you happen to hail Vortix and speak to Eryke before getting all the symbols, so I guess I broke them by doing that!

If you could put them back to 5, that will probably do me

Thanks for the help :)

14. joligario

joligario GM Staff Member

The other 2 were set back to 5. Enjoy!