New Player - Too late to get started?

Discussion in 'General' started by Asaru, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Asaru

Asaru Orc Pawn

Hello everyone I'm Asaru and I'm looking to return to the wonderful world of Everquest in a form other then P99 or a Retail TLPS. I'm brand new to PEQ (still downloading files as I write this lol) and was hoping to find out what the low level experience is like. I prefer to play one character, but can box if I'm really forced too. Will I have trouble finding groups and meeting people? Appreciate the help! :)

2. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

It's a boxing server, primarily. Whilst there are a few people running about solo they are the minority. If you think you will get a classic EQ experience with a group ready to go at every level then I think you will be a little disappointed.

The server is top heavy and most people are multiboxing end game content. We are usually happy to carry people along if we have spots but again, this is not the classic EQ experience.

3. Asaru

Asaru Orc Pawn

I figured as much but wanted to check none the less. Thank you for the reply Skream!

4. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

I've played some PEQ and some P99 and some other private servers and some live and some live TLP; the thing that is good about PEQ is getting to box and do content at your own pace, in the way you desire. I'm running a 24 box through a progression series and enjoying it. That being said, it's also the bad thing about PEQ; because it's mostly boxers it's pretty limited socially, to OOC and pairing up for raids here and there. It's a very different experience, but it is a nice change from P99 to get to actually do older raid content without sitting around for hours.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Asaru

Asaru Orc Pawn

Thx for the reply CE, perhaps I'll bite the bullet and learn to box.

6. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord