BiC on PEQ

Discussion in 'General' started by Tharsis, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

BiC #7: Tipt

Vaifan's Temporary Power Cell D WILL NOT drop unless you have completed all of BiC 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and are currently working on BiC 5, 6, 7. It's hard coded in the quest file for Rikabi the Riddler. All other parts may be pre-looted.

Exactly one Vaifan's Temporary Power Cell A drops per instance, from the cragbeast event.

Vaifan's Temporary Power Cell B is rare. It's supposed to drop from undeads but according to Magelo, not all the undeads are capable of dropping it. It's, by far, the timesink for this step. Make an instance. Clear the undead room. No Cell B? Quit the instance and remake. Over and over again. [On the plus side, you get more chances at Cragbeast Blood for berserker epics.]

Vaifan's Temporary Power Cell C is a random drop from Ikaav's, Ra'Tuks, and Aneuk's in the last room. Kyv Heartstriker Jhiru's room. On average, slightly less than 1 drops per run. Luckily, those mobs respawn on a 14 minute timer.

Exactly one Vaifain's Temporary Power Cell D may be given out per instance by Rikabi the Riddler. You MUST be on BiC steps 5, 6, 7 to receive it.

Exactly one Vaifan's Temporary Power Cell E drops per instance because it drops from the boss, Kyv Heartstriker Jhiru.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Update to BiC #7: Tipt. The original post was edited.

3. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

BiC #8: Yxtta

Yxtta is a straightforward step. All items are pre-lootable.

Xounii's Journal Page 2 Left drops from Primal Spider (100%) and 'a dark cavern spider' (3%).
    Xounii's Journal Page 2 Right drops from Pixtt Suir Mindrider (100%) and the trash on the non-primal area of Yxtta (3%).
    Xounii's Journal Page 3 Left drops from Primal Insect (100%) and 'a crag beetle' (3%).
    Xounii's Journal Page 3 Right drops from Primal Reptile (100%) and 'a ravenous cragbeast' (3%).

The above named all have a respawn about 3 days +- a few hours. The trash all have a respawn about 20 minutes.

Xounii's Journal Page 1 drops from Xounii the Shapeshifter, but no mob has that name. It's a L70 mob - as far as I know, the ONLY L70 mob - roaming the Primal area of Yxtta. The mob shifts forms and names based on which area it's in. It will sometimes appear as a spider (a cavernous lifesipper), an insect (a voracious beetle), a cragbeast (a cragbeast bonecruncher) or as a GoD ghost model (Tqiv Trusik Fanatic). As you kill it, it will again change forms and change names but will eventually be called 'Xounii Shifter.' Xounii has a respawn about 3 hours.

The Primals and Xounii are no joke. Their level of difficulty is significantly higher than any previous step in the BiC questline.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cryk

Cryk Orc Pawn

Is it possible the Polished Silvery Key in Riwwi #3 is broken, has anyone done this lately?

I know it's supposed to be a ground spawn and Tharsis advises it is by the well. I have not seen it in the span of about three hours in zone, using /items I can confirm there was only one ground spawn in the zone the entire duration of my stay which was the Beastlord 1.5 item.

I also see in MQEmulator https://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=52154 it's showing as an item in a recipe, but not a ground spawn item.

5. clippy

clippy A Griffin

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
  6. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional implementation. Many groundspawn items on PEQ only spawn once - when your character first enters a zone - and won't respawn after that first is picked. To get around this, zone in one character at a time. CharA zones in and picks up the item. CharB zones in and sees another item on the ground and picks it up (CharA won't see it at all). CharC zones in and sees another item on the ground and picks it up (CharsA and B won't see it at all). My guess is that any groundspawn without a respawn timer listed in the database will work this way.

7. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

I zoned in and picked up the Polished Silvery Key today. Unlike my previous post, this time, the groundspawn was NOT in the well at the center of the zone. It was found nearish to one of the other locations written in the Alla guide. Assuming I'm translating between EQ /loc and server quest file corrdinates correctly, it was also near one of the points Clippy linked.

Those coordinates (I think) are:
    625, -129 [near Officiatior Keviazh spawn point]
    -327, -736 [in the fountain]
    -233, -172 [in small well on top of platform with the 2 named Nihil]
    495, -678 [behind a pillar]
    -201, -1 [outside of Qinimi entrance, near two fallen pillars]

8. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

BiC:9 Kod'Taz

For consistency, the Zam link is included. Of all the Zam BiC step guides, this step is the least best. Use Zam to tell you about the various events but not the proper BiC steps.

In short: you have to complete KoD'Taz "progression" through handing in the Grand Summoner's Glyph. After you have handed in the Grand Summoner's Glyph, tell Kevren Navalat "I have done all you asked" to receive a Sealed Confession. Turn that Sealed Confession into L'Diava Rexxen to finish BiC:9 Kod'Taz.

Here is a checklist of PEQ Magelo steps:
    Finished! - You have completed the trial at the Temple of Singular Might!
    Finished! - You have completed the trial at the Temple of Twin Struggles!
    Finished! - You have completed the trial at the Temple of the Tri-Fates!
    Finished! - You've returned four relics from the Martyrs Passage!
    Finished! - You've been commissioned to investigate the Temple of the Damned!
    Finished! - You've recovered important glyphs from the Temple of the Damned!
    Finished! - You've successfully translated the glyphs you found in the Temple of the Damned!

If you tell Kevren Navalet "Progress Update" you should see:
    Finished! - You have completed the trial at the Temple of Singular Might!
    Finished! - You have completed the trial at the Temple of Twin Struggles!
    Finished! - You have completed the trial at the Temple of the Tri-Fates!
    Finished! - You've returned four relics from the Martyrs Passage!
    Finished! - You've returned valuable information as to why the Muramites are in the Martyrs Passage!
    Finished! - You've been commissioned to investigate the Temple of the Damned!
    Finished! - You've recovered important glyphs from the Temple of the Damned!
    Finished! - You've successfully translated the glyphs you found in the Temple of the Damned!

9. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

BiC10: Free Stuff
    BiC11: Qvic
    BiC12: Inktu'Ta
    BiC13: Txevu
    BiC14: Tacvi

No guide is needed for these steps.
    Get Free Stuff
    or
    Kill the boss of the zone, loot the shard, combine the shard with your gem and you're done with that step.

And that, my friends, is all there is to the Breakdown in Communications questline on the PEQ server!

10. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

This is awesome! Thank you so much.

11. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

Re: BIC #6, Vxed; I can confirm the raid instance is repeatable as long as you don't go and kill the boss, and you can farm all your BIC pieces as a raid of 24.

• Like Like x 1