Guide: Bard 1.5 - Prismatic Dragon Blade

Discussion in 'General' started by sorkail, Nov 2, 2023.

1. sorkail

sorkail Orc Pawn

Link here is to the Bard 1.5 guide on EQ Progression. It's mostly the same on PEQ, just with a few extra notes that I'll provide below. I won't copy and paste the whole guide, just parts where extra notes may be helpful. EQP Guide

Please let me know if you have any other tips to add for this epic!

Step 1:
    Pre-farm the following:
    - (8) Dragorn Blood This was the longest part of the quest for me. Best place is in Wall of Slaughter. Dragorns in the south field and south ruins con light blue at 70, Dragorns up on the wall con dark blue. You can multitask on this step in WoS and also grab:
    -signets for Anguish flag (a dragon serf is placeholder, a Dragorn Mastermind drops the signet. There are five spawn points: one in the southeast ruins, one in southwest ruins, one in northwest ruins, one in northeast corner just east of ramp up to Hulcror, and one just north of the wall on the east end near Dragorn Champion. Imo it's best to run a loop around the zone hitting these spawn points, hitting everything else as needed
    -Bazu Plasma for Cleric 1.5 (drops from bazus in south open field)
    -Pyrilen Plasma for Cleric 1.5 (drops from a dragorn assassin, several spawn points in the northwest caves)
    -Murkglider Plasma for Cleric 1.5 (drops from various murkgliders in south caves, but these are a little more out of the way of the signet loop)
    -Black Chaos Boots (drops from discordlings, dragorn darkwarrior, and dragorn ireknight. north side of zone)
    -Gear, augs, lv66-68 spell runes from named around zone, both north and south sides.​
    - (8) Raw Diamond make sure to change auto loot settings to KEEP these, don't want to sell them by accident like I did!
    - (8) Enchanted Velium Bar buy Velium Bars in Thurgadin, enchant with Enchanter
    - (1) Fire Mephit Blood lots of mephits at the island with lava tunnel
    - (1) Air Mephit Blood be careful on the first island, there is a named mob that ports around aggroing other mobs
    - (1) Water Mephit Blood worth buying max Lung Capacity AA just for PoWater imo
    - (1) Earth Mephit Blood from Vekerchikis along the temple in Earth A or around the zone in Earth B
    - (1) Storm Rider Blood BoT courtyard, quick farm
    - (1) Bubonian Blood clear through rat caves in Crypt of Decay
    - (1) Alkaline Etched Stone south half of PoJustice caves
    - (8) Metallic Liquid these took a while for me. Also keep a lookout for Crystalline Serum for Rogue 1.5, and can clear the castles for Sacred Water for Berserker 1.5 (need 4 per zerk).
    - (1 each of) Ice Dragon Crystal, Wind Dragon Crystal, Fire Dragon Crystal, Earth Dragon Crystal This will go much, much faster if you take all your toons to Skyfire at once. /bcaa //doability forage to get everyone helping. You can even spend 3 AA to unlock the Forage ability on each toon that doesn't have it innately.

Step 2:
    Gather dragon bones, follow guide. Locations marked on EQP guide all good for PEQ.

Steps 3-5:
    Follow EQP Guide.

Steps 2 through 7 require running back and forth between Dragon Necropolis and Wakening Lands. It's not a terrible commute, but you can save a little time with the Summon Clockwork Banker AA (free, under Special tab, /alt activate 8130):
    -Summon the banker on a non-Bard toon
    -Put the item you need to turn in to Lantaric`Dar in the bank
    -Die in DN on your Bard and a grouped porter
    -Port to WL, run over to Lantaric`Dar (watch out for Wuoshi aggro at port location!)
    -Summon banker on Bard or porter, retrieve item, hand in
    -Rez Bard and porter back to DN

This saves you running back to DN on the Bard, saves a few minutes each time.

Step 6:
    The ring event spawns as soon as the Bard zones in with the flag from Step 5. After some amount of time (15-20mins?) the dracoliche in the center will despawn, so don't waste too much time or you'll have to do it again.

Do not try to pull mobs away from where they spawn, they will hit for HUGE damage and you'll wipe fast. Gotta fight where the ring spawns.

Focus DPS on the liches / named mobs around the circle, don't worry about actually killing the minions as they do despawn when their respective bosses are killed.

Step 7:
    Follow EQP Guide

Steps 8-11:
    EQP Guide says to kill the dire mobs slowly to hit the 80% trigger, but it didn't seem to matter if I put all dps on dire mobs right away. Dragon spawned fine at 80% each time.

Step 12:
    Skip this step! It is not currently implemented.
    You can follow his dialogue but he ends up saying, "TODO: This part is not implemented, please report if you know how it should work." You can skip straight to Step 13.

Steps 13-16:
    Follow EQP Guide

Step 17:
    The silence is annoying, but there is a wall right next to a bruised woman. Put healers behind the wall and the fight is no problem.

Congrats!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  2. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

The one thing that seems super worth mentioning is the one fight where if you don't complete it within 10 minutes? The mobs immediately start hitting for 20k? I screwed that up my first time around and was very confused.

3. Trust

Trust GM

The dragon nec fight if you leash them they will hit for 100k plus (happens on live)

4. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

Maybe that's what I was thinking of then, yeah - I think someone in OOC told me it was based on time limit and I zoned my bard in last, COH, and then rushed on to them, and then it worked.

5. sorkail

sorkail Orc Pawn

Ah this happened to me my first attempt and I forgot! Thanks, added