O`Keil`s Radiation

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by hudge, Jul 17, 2022.

1. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

I know it's a level 2 spell and in a level or 2 there are better damage shields out there but try getting E3 to recognise this spell won't happen. I have tried every variation I can think of and copying and pasting the spell name both from Allah and MQEmu with no success

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

Did you try O`Keil's Radiation? not O'Keil's
    It's a Grave Accent not an apostrophe. It's the same as on Spirit of Bih`Li.

3. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

if thats the one thats SHift Tilda key then no I can't cause MQ2 has that tied into using the tilda key as a Alt Tab effect that I can't seem to get around. I saw recently someone post a fix for that but It hasn't worked for me for some reason. But I did try copying and pasting the spell name from both Alla and MQemu and it's not working. I can understand Alla using the wrong punctuation but MQEmu ?

4. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

Ok I just tried your suggestion and it seems to have worked. So looks like it's MQ2's fault for locking up that key. Time to go see if I can fix that problem.

5. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

It shouldn't have an alt tab effect. Mine will do that occasionally, to fix I restart Macroquest2 in the taskbar. You could alternately just close out Macroquest2, make the changes, then restart Macroquest2 as well.

6. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

when you restart MQ2 do you have it set to run as admin ? The problems seems to stem from the fact if you launch it through a batch file, it doesn't actually load up as admin and therefore doesn't read the MQ2 and MQ2_default ini's and it does whatever it has hardwired into it's brain which is to use the tilda key as an alt tab

7. clippy

clippy A Griffin

Regarding the Tilde key.
    Disable it like this in MacroQuest.ini:

Code:
    [MacroQuest]
    CycleNextWindow=0

From mq changelog 2016:
    Code:
    You can now "cycle" eq windows now with the '~' key.... (also known as tilde)
      its not obvious but you CAN change it by editing the macroquest.ini
      in the [MacroQuest] section add a CycleNextWindow=somekey
      Example: (and this is what it defaults to when this entry does not exist)
               CycleNextWindow=shift+`
      u can do alt+ and ctrl+ as well but thats it.
      you cannot combine alt+shift+, i didnt want to make this to complex.
      you CAN however drop the prefixes altogether and just specify it as
      CycleNextWindow=b
      that would make the lettere "b" on your keyboard cycle the windows... (not recommended unless u plan on never using the letter b for any other reason...)
      Setting CycleNextWindow=0 will disable it completely.

8. hudge

hudge Orc Centurion

Yes I know how to change it, currently my macroquest.ini looks like this
    Code:
    BossMode=0
    # setting CycleNextWindow=0 disables it.
    CycleNextWindow=0
    # setting CyclePrevWindow=0 disables it.
    CyclePrevWindow=0

And my macroquest_default.ini is this
    Code:
    BossMode=0
    # setting CycleNextWindow=0 disables it.
    CycleNextWindow=0
    # setting CyclePrevWindow=0 disables it.
    CyclePrevWindow=0

And yet every time I press ~ it will changes between eq instances every time the tilde key is pressed and shift ~ will cycle backwards. I currently have a threat going under the macroquest heading to see if anyone has a sollution to this problem with no luck as of yet.

9. clippy

clippy A Griffin

All that remains is to restart mq2 after you changed the INI.

I'm just sharing with you how I fixed the same issue with the peq MQ2 as you seem to be having.

Do what you want with it.