Looking for some pointers..

Discussion in 'General' started by Raliddar, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Raliddar

Raliddar Orc Pawn

Hey all, I'm looking for some pointers please, on what I should be doing next. I've just recently come back after quite a while away, and have the following team;

68 SHD
    68 CLR
    68 SHM
    68 BRD
    68 MNK
    68 ROG

All with a mish mash of gear, which can be seen here; http://www.projecteq.net/magelo/index.php?page=guild&guild=Celtica

As far as I remember, their spells are all up to current level.

Back in the day, I only played up until PoP so am really not familiar with the expansions after that, so not quite sure where I should be headed next or what I should be doing in regards to Epics and all that jazz.

None of them have any AA's so far, as I recall reading that I should level to 70 then concentrate on AA's?

I'm maybe looking to level up a 2nd team at some point, but would like to get this lot some AA's and a decent level of gear first.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Rasek

Rasek Orc Centurion

Hotzones are locked to end of month cuz of the pandemic. Most will say stay in HoH till around 150 aa then head to barindu. Nadox and Grieg's End are good options also. Grieg's mobs have a ton of HP but give alot of XP also.

3. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Get L70 before working on AAs.

Epics:
    Not yet.

PoP progression:
    You already have level access to most zones you want to hit up.
    PoTactics can be accessed through a simple and quick quest that works for the entire group.
    Grab any flagging raids that are announced.

GoD progession:
    The 4 sewer trials + vxed + tipt are decent tests of skill/gear/AA and will flag you for KodTaz access.

Gear (while grinding AA):
    Read this thread first. Specifically, the 50-65 section that goes from Sebilis through Tipt. You're going to be in this range of difficulty for a while.

LDoN is solid. It worked before OoW came out and still works. It's quick and easy. There are two downsides: no OoW faction and focus effects are limited to L65. A fully decked out LDoN character has solid, solid gear and can take on any 1 groupable content currently in the game.

Infected Paw is good, especially for L70 focus effects. It's definitely a L70 area (first gear check!) but it's also significantly easier than the same level of OoW mobs. It may be the only source of L70 focus effects until you finish OoW Tier 1 faction work.

OoW rares. This is a serious gear check: 4 pulls happen. I never made much progress in OoW until I could consistently handle a 4 pull in whatever zone I was in. You have a monk as well as a bard so you may have better success.

OoW Tier 1. Hold off for now. It's very similar to OoW rares but requires faction work to finish your gear upgrades. You'll need this eventually. An ideal route is to obtain exp, gear and OoW faction at the same time. As far as I have researched, this isn't possible for a single, low AA, low geared group but I'd love to be proved wrong. After you are geared up and AA'd up (or have a second or third group) then faction hits comes much quicker.

Special note on OoW faction: You need to adjust your play style to ensure all your characters receive the faction hit. It's critical for clerics. At one point, my cleric almost had more Tier 1 drops waiting to hand in than Dranik Loyalist faction hits. Yeah, it's bad if you ignore it.

Haste items:
    The ring from RCoD in the previously linked guide requires the same faction level as OoW Tier 1 armor and the zone is tougher than Tipt. Get the Veksar belt (or another haste item) to use before you can obtain the ring.

Focus Items:
    Improved Healing 5, Mana Preservation 5 and Buff Extension 5 are all in Paw.

Weapons:
    LDoN has plenty of options. Keep an eye out in /ooc for an upgrade. Check the bazaar for cheap givaways.

And as always, remember, this is Everquest. Good luck, have fun and try not to get burnt out.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Raliddar

Raliddar Orc Pawn

Wow, thank you Tharsis for the very informative post! I guess I am off to finish levelling in some PoP zones then, whilst researching the start of the GoD progression. I'll check out the gearing guide for sure too.

Thank you Rasek also!