2of5 bots melee attack

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Joshua, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Joshua

Joshua Orc Pawn

Hello I am new to project EQ and I am trying to figure out why when I run six bots only 2 melee attack. I use /assist me but the others just stand around

2. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

We need a little more info. What classes. What are the working character inis and what are the non-working inis?

3. cirkissfreek5150

cirkissfreek5150 Orc Pawn

im new to this my main was a cleric and the rest were fighters and a rogue when i did assistme only 2 helped. idk anything about inis and there isnt much out to explain how to do all this that i ban find so i figured id ask here

4. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

When you load up e3 on a new character, an ini is created in the Bot Inis folder, with the character name. If you don't edit that file, the character won't be doing much. That file tells your rogue and fighters and everyone else what to do.

5. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

This is probably the line you are looking for in the ini. Make sure it is set to "Melee" and those characters who you want to melee will do so when you /assistme.

Code:
    Assist Type (Melee/Ranged/Off)=Melee

6. Skream

Skream Orc Legionnaire

/bc combatmode melee

You can use /only and /not with <class> or <name> qualifiers

For example to make Clerics melee (only really useful for faction)

/bc combatmode melee /only|clr

And this will toggle all clerics to melee until you log out or reset e3.

Note, /assistme will make casters cast any offensive spells defined in their inis. Best to read the docs.

7. Ugnuk

Ugnuk Orc Pawn