Autologin (Shadow's)

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Larr Shamus, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Larr Shamus

Larr Shamus Orc Centurion

First you should claim your toon to login via the Peq server at:
    http://peqtgc.com/forums/accounts.php

Create a Text file and call it :mq2utologin.ini
    Place, or save, that file to your MQ2 folder. Mine is called E3_Rof3_6
    In that file paste this there for your first toon....

[Profiles]
    DefaultEQPath=c:\EZrof2 (where ever your game is located)

[Settings]
    UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
    KickActiveCharacter=1
    KickActiveTrader=1
    InstantCamp=0
    Debug=0
    UseAuth=0
    WinTitle=EverQuest -
    UseMQ2Login=0
    [ServerList]
    peqtgc=1

[Servers]
    peqtgc=[PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War

[Your login name 1]
    Password=your password
    Server=peqtgc
    Character=You toon's in game name
    EQPath=c:\ezrof2 (where your game is located.)

[Your login name 2]
    Password=your password
    Server=peqtgc
    Character=You toon's in game name
    EQPath=c:\ezrof2 (where your game is located.)

You can copy and paste from, Your Toon name to the eqpath and do that for all of your toons. Keep in mind that if bots are in a different folder to point to that folder for them.

Create another file called login.bat and save it to your desktop. Copy this and place in that bat file.

@echo off
    start D:\E3_RoF2_6\MacroQuest2.exe (Where you mq2 file is located.)
    start D:\E3_RoF2_6\EQBCS2.exe (Where EQBCS is located.)

tasklist /nh /fi "WINDOWTITLE eq toonname" | find /i "eqgame.exe" > nul ||(start "toonname" /d "D:\EZRoF2" "D:\EZRoF2\eqgame.exe" patchme /Login:loginname) && (timeout /t 8)

tasklist /nh /fi "WINDOWTITLE eq toonname" | find /i "eqgame.exe" > nul ||(start "toonname" /d "D:\EZRoF2" "D:\EZRoF2\eqgame.exe" patchme /Login:loginname) && (timeout /t 8)

Edit toon name and login as needed. You can copy and past from tasklist all the way to /t 8) for as many toons as you need.

Create a shortcut on your desk top for the EQ game to launch. You will need a shortcut on desk top for each toon. Go to your game's directory right click the game's exe, select send to desktop. You have to edit each shortcut to point to the directory it will use and the toon's info. Right click and hit properties. In your "target" line put this....

D:\EZRof2\eqgame.exe patchme -h /login:login name

"Start in" line should have the directory where your game is at also. Then click advanced and make sure you run as admin.

Try this with one toon to make sure it work then you can do it to the rest of your bots.

Don't forget to edit your eqhost file in your game's main folder to this if you have claimed your toons...

[LoginServer]
    Host=login.peqtgc.com:5999

If you have just started your computer you should be able to just click the login file on your desktop and all your toons will load into game. If you choose to just play a few toons then you could just start eqbcs and your mq2 from shortcuts on your desktop then chooses the shortcut of the toons you want to play. They should auto load right into the game.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

This is great, thank you. I didn't know about the .bat file which I'm sure will be very helpful.

Right now I use WinEQ to switch between 2 characters that I control often (warrior and bard) - is there a way to load all of my characters the way you've explained and still be able to switch between 2+ clients without alt tabbing? I'd like to move away from WinEQ because I figure the fewer programs I have running the better.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

I can post a auto hotkeys script I was working on to switch my window title, I still use WinEQ2 on my main PC due to eqclient.ini not working right.

4. Larr Shamus

It's set that you will have two different tiles on your task bar. One for your mains and one for your bots. I generally just go to the tile then to the toon I want to bring up so no alt tab required.

5. soggygorilla

soggygorilla Orc Pawn

Create a Text file and call it :mq2utologin.txt
    Place, or save, that file to your MQ2 folder. Mine is called E3_Rof3_6
    In that file paste this there for your first toon....

just use the file that is already there mq2autologin.txt, right click on the mq2 icon > highlight profile > click ini file ... you can put all the needed changes in there.

[Servers]

this server name is spelled incorrectly and will get you stuck at the server select screen. use the following server name instead.

peqtgc=[] [PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War

those two changes and your good to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

It's not wrong, itd just not right for login.eqemulator.net

• Like Like x 1
  7. Larr Shamus

I currently have this in my mq2autologin.ini and sign in everyday with no problems.....

[Settings]
    UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
    KickActiveCharacter=1
    KickActiveTrader=1
    InstantCamp=0
    Debug=0
    UseAuth=0
    WinTitle=EverQuest -
    UseMQ2Login=0
    [ServerList]
    peqtgc=1

[Servers]

Keep in mind this is for claimed accounts. Though it might be different for others these guys have provided another option if mine doesn't work. Like to mention also to claim your account tab is on our page and these guys did a great job making easy for us to claim these days.

I see the confusion in my post and edited it where you have mentioned. Hope this helps.

8. Larr Shamus

[Servers]

this server name is spelled incorrectly and will get you stuck at the server select screen. use the following server name instead.

those two changes and your good to go.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how it's wrong for ya I copied and pasted that server name from my autologin.ini file and it works no problem..../shrug

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  9. Larr Shamus

So I just started 6 new toons and I used this above with the names edited to start just the 6 till I get them equipped and gear. Then I will take them off their own bat and add them to the main bat file.

10. tibbs

tibbs Orc Centurion

As a note, I'd like to pick apart how the bat is working:

"/nh /fi "WINDOWTITLE eq toonname" | find /i "eqgame.exe" > nul" is windows batch's conditional statement. If either are true (it finds a window already open with that name, or it cannot find eqgame.exe), the batch will finish executing this tasklist and move onto the next one.

"(start "toonname" /d "D:\EZRoF2" "D:\EZRoF2\eqgame.exe" patchme /Login:loginname) && (timeout /t 8)" is just a start command with a timeout. The start command is starting a window called toonname in a given directory \d with a given executable with the absolute path with the parameters patchme and /login. patchme avoids the patching service from SOE/daybreak, and /login is the parameter read by mq2autologin to login that account. The timeout is in seconds, so 8 seconds in this case.

Also as a note, windows 10 seems to arrange taskbar tiles based on the program running. Since Shadow likely runs 2 installs for mains/boxes, that's why it shows up as 2 different programs (starting 2 different executables).
    I found a way to arrange windows taskbar tiles as a workaround is to create new shortcuts to eqgame.exe. By creating a different shortcut per group, I've been able to arbitrarily arrange my toons on my taskbar in different groupings. The way I do it is each group is a different stack of 6 tiles on the taskbar.
    As a note when doing this, shortcuts are .lnk files, so instead of eqgame.exe, you'll wanna do shortcut1.lnk in place.

Happy to answer other questions if they come up.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  11. Heisler1972

Heisler1972 Orc Pawn

How do I claim my account, I have Logged into the Forums. is that what you mean?

12. Heisler1972

Heisler1972 Orc Pawn

I am having trouble getting this to work, I have tried everything and it will not start my game and log me in , I get as far as the Login screen and My username is in there but my PW isn't and doesn't go passed this screen. please help, I have set it up to Log only 1 in until I can get it figured out , but cant even get 1 to log in.

thanks

13. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

EVEN WITHOUT CLAIMING THE ACCOUNT THIS SHOULD WORK, HAVE YOU LOGGED IN FIRST AND LOADED MQ2AUTOLOGIN?

sorry didnt see caps was on and cant be arsed to retype it hahaha

/plugin mq2autologin

I am guessing you have edited the mq2autologin.ini file, to include your password and username etc?

sorry im a newb to all this myself!

14. Heisler1972

Heisler1972 Orc Pawn

Ty for the fast reply , all fixed. I figured it out

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kmpec

Kmpec Orc Pawn

Ive got it working good up until the server screen is just stops there. Any ideas?

16. Larr Shamus

It could be not having the right login server in your game directory. There should be a file in your main game directory called eqhost.ini it should read...

[LoginServer]
    Host=login.peqtgc.com:5999

Also you will have to be sure you have claimed all your toons.

17. bluebell

bluebell Orc Pawn

Hello all, I am struggling with auto login, I get to the point of joining a server, but now there are 2 PEQ servers, the normal one & a test server. see uploaded file.
    any help getting past this hurdle will be much appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance

Attached Files:

18. bluebell

bluebell Orc Pawn

A little more info.

Attached Files:

19. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

Code:
    [Servers]
    Only need extra garbage at the beginning for public LS, not PEQ's.

20. bluebell

bluebell Orc Pawn

Hell again, I have swapped out the server info to the above & i still have the same issue:
    autologin, halts at server screen, due to 2 PEQ servers being listed.
    Not sure why the : peqtgc=[PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War,
    does not nkow the difference between the test & normal server.
    Any help please for a MQ2 Noob.