Buff DPS Machine in Arena

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Requests' started by Malik_Gynax, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malik_Gynax

Malik_Gynax Orc Pawn

Coming back to the server I've been trying to find an effective way to test my heal setups. I remember many years ago using the DPS Machines in Arena to do this.

However, they definitely have not been updated for modern content and are no longer useful for this. The 4k max hit DPS machine doesn't put out much damage at all. He almost exclusively hits for min damage and he misses like crazy.

I would like to request that the DPS Machines in Arena be updated to reflect more realistic top tier raid boss melee DPS, or a new DPS Machine be added for this purpose.

Warnax is a 70 warrior with max defensive AA's and max shielding, 2800 AC.

Parse: DPS Machine (4k max hit)
    NPC DPS: 691
    Tanking summary for: Warnax --- Hit --- Damage: 555327 --- Avg hit: 1786 --- Attempts: 892 --- Riposted: 69/892 [7.74%] --- Parried: 92/823 [11.18%] --- Dodged: 94/731 [12.86%] --- Blocked: 5/637 [0.78%] --- Defended: 260/892 [29.15%] --- Missed: 321/632 [50.79%] --- Hits: 311/892 [34.87%] --- Real Hits: 311/892 [34.87%]

[​IMG]

Thanks for considering.

Bardnax

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I, too, would support such an update.

3. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

All DPS machines will now deathtouch.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

...not helpful lol

Need to parse heals, bruh...

5. huffin

huffin GM Staff Member

Made him more anguish - quality

• Like Like x 2
  6. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

I appreciate the attention this got, but for what it's worth he hasn't actually improved in difficulty all that much; he's still hitting a vast, vast # of his attacks towards the edge of his mindmg. Wondering if some of the raid mechanics that factor into anguish-mobs are skewing things (Keld, for example, is only really at full might with all his buffs on before ya dispell them).

As far as pure-melee in CoA goes, Vilria the Keeper (Com #1) seems to put out some consistent and quick melee. Probably the most serious of any of the mini-bosses in there, even with max shield/avoid she regularly scores well above her mindmg.

Putting in a polite request to look at this again when it is convenient and perhaps compare the 2. I don't have the parse data, but there's another one out there taken after this first revamp that'll likely be posted in the next day or two.

**Edit

Some of the chief differences I notice comparing the DPS Machine to VTK is a 50% slow mitigation on the arena bot vs 85% on VTK, and 350 Accuracy on the arena bot vs 1000 Accuracy on VTK (in case this helps)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  7. huffin

huffin GM Staff Member

By comparison I bet the tweaks I made tripled its dps output from halving it’s atk delay to adding atk accuracy and slow mitigation, but I can script something to hot adjust stats to give different levels of difficulty, kinda like they do on test server

8. Malik_Gynax

Malik_Gynax Orc Pawn

Hey, thanks for updating this guy! He's definitely much more helpful for parsing now.

He is a little less than doubled in power and still heavily favors the bottom end of his rolls, though this is not terribly unusual. He's maybe 20% weaker than the Master of Specialization comparing a recent parse, and obviously far below Tacvi mobs who end up parsing 1600+ DPS through defensive.

I've included another parse of the new DPS Machine below. No discs used.

I'll leave it up to you guys whether you want to mess with him further. Thanks for what you've done.

DPS Machine (Anguish-Quality)
    NPC DPS: 1277
    Tanking summary for: Warnax --- Total Melee --- Damage: 305086 --- Avg hit: 1525 --- Attempts: 509 --- Riposted: 46/509 [9.04%] --- Parried: 42/463 [9.07%] --- Dodged: 61/421 [14.49%] --- Blocked: 14/360 [3.89%] --- Defended: 163/509 [32.02%] --- Missed: 146/346 [42.2%] --- Hits: 200/509 [39.29%] --- Real Hits: 200/509 [39.29%]

[​IMG]

Bardnax

9. huffin

huffin GM Staff Member

Thanks for parse info , I’m workin on a script to scale him up and down based on player desire

10. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Just make him hit for 4k, and as fast as Rathe Councilmen, done deal.

11. huffin

huffin GM Staff Member

He is now customizable based on player say commands

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Awesome, thank you so much.

13. apollo

apollo Protector of Zek

Not to be super-needy, but one more idea/request which should put the icing on him & that would be a command to Restore Defaults (in case someone parses, leaves zone, and someone else enters...might make gauging the [hit slower], [hit faster], and slow mitigations hard to figure out after someone else unless it's a fresh setting).

Just a thought I had while playing around with him a bit just now in the Arena...wondering what'll happen if I don't leave him how I found him (or can't remember)

14. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

If the zone shuts down his script should reset to spawn values

• Like Like x 3
  15. huffin

huffin GM Staff Member

I added a [repop] command to his list of things he can do, if you want to reset him without waiting on a zone reset. Will go live when the file gets pulled in

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.