Can't login with PEQ login server

Discussion in 'General' started by drovsin, Jun 5, 2022.

1. drovsin

drovsin Orc Pawn

Hi all. I'm a returning player (I think the last time I played was around 2018).

I cannot connect to or use the peq login server.

I am very sure that I have been able to use the peq login server before (again several years ago).

I am able to login and play using the eqemulator login server.

When I look here on my forum account and go to the Game Accounts tab, none of my accounts show up. I'm assuming I can just claim my accounts and that won't cause a problem (i.e. my characters won't get deleted or anything)?

I did a test however and created a new login server account on eqemu, then i claimed that account and it does show up on my accounts tab. But i cannot logon to that account with the peq logon server. So there is something else that is missing. I know how to change the eqhost file, and I have tested several times, i can logon using the eqemu LS, but not the peq one.

Any ideas on what I can do? Thank you for any assistance.

2. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Try logging in fully manually. No MQ2Autologin. No MQ2 at all. Eliminate those errors from other errors.

3. drovsin

drovsin Orc Pawn

Thank you for the suggestion. I did try that, still didn't work. I can login manually on eqemu LS, i can autologin with eqemu LS. Manual login fails when i switch login server to PEQ.

4. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

Is your eqhost.txt this?
    [LoginServer]
    Host=login.projecteq.net:5999

5. drovsin

drovsin Orc Pawn

6. drovsin

drovsin Orc Pawn

ok i got it, thank you all for the assists. i guess there were some non printing characters or extra whitespace or something in the file. I just made a new one with only the peq LS and it worked.