Claiming Account Error

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Requests' started by Saear, Nov 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saear

Saear Orc Pawn

I created 12 new character on 12 EQemu accounts I had made a few months back in preparation of these new teams. I logged in through (Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999) to create each new character. I them claimed them on this website (projecteq.net) in the game accounts section under Link from EQemulator. When I tried to log them in under (Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999) only half could log in directly to PEG. The other half gave account/password errors.

I've checked in game account and the login/password is showing up in the list (although with no characters showing). I tried to change the password for those accounts in the Game Account section and get the following error message.

3.png

The only way I can login with these character is by manually changing the eqhost file and logging each one in. Am I missing a step or is this a server side issue?

Attached Files:

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

What are the dates of the created loginserver accounts (the accounts you use to login to PEQ)?

What changes did you make in the eqhost.txt file?

3. Saear

Saear Orc Pawn

I created the accounts on Sept 10th, Sept 25th, and Nov 26th. As I said, I've been planning out this team for a while.

I edited the EQhost file for the first log in to (Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999). I have been manually changing the EQhost file back to (Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999) each time I want to log in those character. For all other character I can log in directly to PEG by editing the EQ host file to (Host=login.peqtgc.com:5999).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  4. eonEQemu

Thanks, unfortunately for me, neither host works.

5. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Please reach me directly on Discord today to sort through these issues

6. eonEQemu

Thanks Akkadius (after discord tests, etc) for resolving this for my accounts, while also narrowing down the problem.
    for reference: the accounts were linked but failed to actually create an account. nuked and retried account link via "Link from EQ Emulator" on Game Accounts tab and that resolved it.

7. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Alright so I had someone reach out to me on Discord who had related issues and I believe I have narrowed down the scope of what is happening here.

The root cause should be fixed now but in the interim, everyone who was affected will need to re-link the accounts that were having issues.

We were having rarer scenarios where an account would be validated, perform a link but then for some strange reason the account creation would not go through successfully - so we had a link with no account

I've purged 43 accounts that have been stuck in this state and after relinking affected accounts you all should be good to go, please respond if you continue to experience weird issues and we can get to the bottom of the issue

8. Saear

Saear Orc Pawn

Akkadius,

After re-linking my accounts, the problem has been resolved.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.