Classic Content Guild <Friends of Faydwer>

Discussion in 'General' started by Eastwood, May 8, 2021.

1. Eastwood

Eastwood Orc Centurion

Greetings Everyone,

I'm just announcing a classic content guild <Friends of Faydwer> is active. I'm looking for others who would like to join or just start their own affiliate guilds to enjoy classic content with me.

The goal is to enjoy old content adjacently or at times together.

I will eventually progress to Kunark, Velious, and Luclin, but I am not in a rush. This could take months or years. You are not beholden to a set of rules or obligation to me; I'm just looking for like minded players.

My personal goals are to raise three 6 man groups to enjoy the Faydwer continent to the best of my ability and get to level 50 or close to it by conquering Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore, and Kedge Keep. Depending on how social I can get this goal I would like to to create Faydwer based groups to enjoy progression through Blackburrow, Permafrost, Solusek A and B, Befallen, Upper and Lower Guk, Najena, etc. Whether with others, or by myself I would like to fully equip my characters in Planes of Fear, Hate, and Air equipment in era (within reason).

My three Groups,

High Elf (Holy / Magic) my first group I am working on.
    Paladin
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Enchanter
    Magician
    Bard - a wood elf who is adventuring with high elves

Wood Elf (Melee and Nature)
    Warrior
    Cleric - a gnome who wants to explore and learn amongst the elves
    Druid
    Rogue
    Ranger
    Bard

The Underfoot (Dwarves and Dark Magic)
    Shadowknight -gnome
    Necromancer -gnome
    Berserker -dorf
    Cleric -dorf
    Wizard -gnome
    Bard -wood elf, these bards want to see the world

The main things:

1) Boxing is fine
    2) Not rushing to Kunark content. Sticking with Antonicia, Faydwer, and Odus (lol) content.
    (a) Generally ignoring later added content (raid mobs tuned to PoP levels)
    (b) leveling to 51 to alleviate skill caps and allow AA harvesting
    3) PoK or utilizing tutorial is not disallowed. However it's recommended to use sparingly.
    (a) buy spells in classic zones
    (b) use PoK if passing through, but not to do tradeskillling
    (c) utilizing guild lobby for access to Plane of Hate, Plane of Sky is fine if required
    4) Don't twink or utilize your main characters
    (a) It's best to stay anonymous and represent yourself with your classic content crew
    (b) don't give yourself a million plat and full kits of Defiant armor and ruin the point of this
    5) It's okay to utilize non-era drops in classic zones, i.e. 10% haste belts, +2stat augs, etc.
    (a) defiant gear is fine, especially if earned while adventuring with your group

I'm looking for others who want to play the same and trade/sell gear in era, i.e. +5 str/stam rings, banded armor, etc. Who want to take on dragons, share the loot, or hell, you don't have to do anything with anyone else, but at least acknowledge we are enjoying this game the same way. Be the Arseholes of Antonicia for all I care! It's not hard to box an Army and do everything by ourselves. But this is meant to enjoy the pixels in Classic, Kunark, Velius, and Luclin.

You can find me in game as Feya - High Elf Paladin for now. I may also play other 6 man groups later but in the same content with similar concept guild names.

2. tulsplat

tulsplat Orc Pawn

this sounds great to me.. i just started on this server recently, with a single group. my plan was to do almost exactly what you described, so I'm definitely interested

first group is in my guild <Best Friends Gang>. we've just hit level 50 and have gone through Unrest, SolA, Mistmoore, Lower Guk, and SolB. I'm usually on Slamerella.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  3. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

I have 24 characters already leveled up to well not max or anything. However I was thinking of making alts on the accounts comprised entirely of rogues only. Just ... well because I would want to see how fast stuff would die as a result. Also I could just copy/paste all my ini files, LOL. Initial plan is to not limit anything except class. (race, etc) If that's ok I'd like to join up with you (If I read the above correctly, it is). Would be best to have planned days or time frames to join/meet up in game too. Main for contact in game would be Sandibell, as the rogues do not exist yet.

Q: What about fabled mobs/gear?

4. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

I personally am doing something like this under the name ProgressionQuest, with all characters name Prog[class], running 24. Most groups are nearing 60 now; I used PoK spell vendors, but I won't use any defiant.

5. Eastwood

Eastwood Orc Centurion

Sandibell,

The goal would be to enjoy the content, doing old dungeons, etc. Playing 24 rogues to do that seems a little strange! Can you imagine doing that in Guk, Befallen, Solusek? Also, gearing that way would be horrible when trying to farm content like end game armor and weapons.

Personally, I don't have any issue with fabled gear/mobs if you can take them in classic content, not sure how many of them still remain in PEQ.

6. CE2JRH

CE2JRH Orc Warlord

I'm newish here, but my vague recollection of live was that Gates of Discord brought in old world fabled, and Omens of War had Kunark fabled, so I imagine those are in? Do they run them once a year for a few weeks like on live?

7. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Froglok Krup Watcher

As I've killed a few fabled, they appear to spawn randomly all year and I believe it's only in Original EQ zones. I don't recall seeing any Kunark fabled.

I already have 'balanced' teams but I supposed if 24 rogues is too weird I can make a 2nd balanced set of toons. And do the rogue thing separately.

8. Brandon Adam Childers

Brandon Adam Childers Orc Pawn

9. wingsfan101

wingsfan101 Orc Pawn

That post is from 2021