Duplicate Item Bug/Destroyed Item

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Requests' started by Talobar, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talobar

Talobar Orc Centurion

Character: Talobar

I was turning in my BiC step 10 "Free Stuff" and completed the combine at roughly 10:50pm CST on 1/21/18. When the combine completed I had 2 duplicate versions of the BiC aug "Adventuer's Stone of Blessing" and the "Vaifan's Clockwork Gemcutter Tools" was not returned.

It seemed to have turned my "Vaifan's Clockwork Gemcutter Tools" in to the BiC aug when I picked it up but I don't fully understand what happened. My guess is some client glitch?

One version had stats and the 2nd one did not. I destroyed the one without the stats thinking at worst I would simply buy a new "Vaifan's Clockwork Gemcutter Tools".

When I tried to buy the tools it gave me an error saying I could only have 1 lore item. This convinced me that I had made a grave error in judgement and should have camped before destroying the aug.

I camped out and logged back in. When I came back my remaining "Adventurer's Stone of Blessing" had changed back in to "Vaifan's CLockwork Gemcutter Tools".

I have all the nesessary flags to prove I’ve completed the quest and I even have the following step BiC 11 completed (albeit lacking the aug to finish the combine). The other 3 toons that I repeated these steps on moments later (Kaiju, Aislin, Phibios) did not have this issue.

Is there any way I can please have this augment restored on this toon?

Lucy Link: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=67672

It's been a lot of work getting the BiC and sad to lose it over some glitch.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

yes, your inventory got desynced, best in these cases is to do nothing and relog.

Also, doesn't BiC have a built in way to get your current aug that you've deleted?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Talobar

Talobar Orc Centurion

I went looking at the quest to see if there's a place I could jump back in but each step seems to require an item from the previous step. If there's a way to pick it up a few steps back I'd be content with that. I can hail NPC's to get secondary components but not the augment needed for the combine.

4. Talobar

Talobar Orc Centurion

I did find a post that supported what you said about getting the Aug restored in game but I tried to hail Fezbin Fizzles and it doesn't seem to work on PEQ.

Link to post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-february-19-2014.208298/

"- The Breakdown in Communication gemstones are now on a lore group. Previously, you could have more than one, though wearing multiples would zero out their stats without giving a message as to why. If you find yourself in a situation where you don't have the highest BiC augment for which you are eligible, delete all your BiC augments and hail Fezbin Fizzles in Abysmal Sea to receive the correct replacement."

5. Talobar

Talobar Orc Centurion

Any way we can have the quest updated so that Fezbin restores the aug? In the meantime can I have mine restored via GM magic?

6. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

Unless you give us an item we can change into the aug, we have to catch you on to fix it.

7. Talobar

Talobar Orc Centurion

I’ll be online today and reach out to you if I see you. I’m just happy for a solution but not in an urgent rush. Thanks for your time getting back to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.