DZ Expedition System Testing

Discussion in 'General' started by Akkadius, Oct 31, 2020.

1. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Round 1

Issues:
    Showed 10 days on MPG Endurance as noted above.

Unknown:
    Accepted DZ on a character in bloodfields. Denzig ran the MPG endurance. Receieved Lockout on characters in /dz. Should you get a lockout if you are no present and never zoned in just because you were in the instance?

No issues:

Instances themselves, started completed.
    Adding while out of zone
    Removing while out of zone
    Requesting someone while they are zoning
    Removing someone while zoning
    Leaving the window up and zoning and then accepting AFTER zoning
    Inviting more people than allowed and have all of them click accept at the same time.
    GM destroying instance while active with players inside.

2. hg

hg GM

Yes this is live behavior. Any characters in an expedition receive lockouts at the time they're received even if they've never zoned into the dz. If you were invited to an expedition after the lockouts were received, you would not receive them until zoning in though. (not applicable to endurance since the expedition should have locked to prevent inviting during/after it).

3. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Round 2: PoTime / Tacvi -Actually stopped and read the post. Realized i was screwing up.

HOWEVER: I walked up and clicked right into potime.

Issues: 2 of these accounts (which dont have PoTime flags and had the GM mode set to off)
    Does this mean we have 85:15 support or is this a bug?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  4. hg

hg GM

85/15 is not implemented, potime door has an account status bypass even with #gm off

5. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Round 3: Vxed / Tipt

Vxed - 2 attempts.
    Good: Dz Starting, Adding, Removing, Swapping, Quitting

Issue#1 : After killing 50 npcs: I am still able to trade out accounts. (Shouldn't this stop trading at some point?)

Issue#2 : I was not getting any flag message from hailing the npc. I'm already flagged on all of mine ( What is correct here? PEQ currently gives out flag on hail everytime you hail npc. )

Issue#3: I had nothing saying my expedition was a success nothing to indicate that i was done. Only thing that was shown was the that npc was spawned. Checked all accounts and windows. (Is this normal behavior? )

NPC Location: The flagging npc is no longer in the same location. If you approach him now you aggro npcs. (What this intentional? )

Tipt Attempt#1
    Good:
    Starting, Adding, Removing, Swapping, quitting, Couldn't swap or add AFTER killing boss.

Issue#1:
    The 2nd trap room ( Undead) would require you to step into the room before it was triggered. Now the trap is in the hallway and triggers before you enter the room.(Was this move intentional?)

Issue#2:
    There was nothing to indicate that i had completed the flags. NPC that used to give out hails now just returns : "Okkanu tells you "I'm afraid that I have already aided as many as I can, I do not have the strength to assist you further" I'm redoing this with account that needs the flag to test differences on him now.

Tipt Attempt#2:
    Good:
    Starting, Adding, Removing ... BUT I couldn't finish it ....

Issues:
    After reaching trap #2. (Ghosts)
    I walked away to check my daughter and came back to 4 dead ( tank and cleric alive) I began to ress up my alts. This is where it got interesting. Within 2 minutes, my corpses for 3 out of 4 disappeared and bots never appears. So i went to check on them.

Tank+Cleric. In same instance. ( noone else)
    Mnk: In instance with Tank+Cleric+Self
    Mag: In instance with Tank+Cleric+Mnk+Self
    Necro: In instance with Tank+Cleric+Mnk+Mag+Self
    Brd: Did not receive ress. His corpse was ONLY in the instance with the Tank + Cleric.
    Attempted to Ress the bard: "This corpse is not valid. Your ability failed. Timer has been reset.
    #Dzlist

upload_2020-11-5_1-21-41.png

upload_2020-11-5_1-16-9.png

upload_2020-11-5_1-18-30.png
    upload_2020-11-5_1-19-6.png upload_2020-11-5_1-19-27.png upload_2020-11-5_1-19-45.png upload_2020-11-5_1-20-13.png upload_2020-11-5_1-20-37.png

6. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Attempted to fix issues: /bcga //say #zonenistance 23
    Only difference was all could see the BRD.

Zoned all out of zone. Could see all again.
    Zoned all back in. Could see all again.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  7. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Tipt 2 - Take #2 ...
    upload_2020-11-5_1-44-57.png
    So I'm going to assume now I have to go see the scribe and flagging process has been changed here.

Looked it up and dont see anything that says i have to go back to High priest or tell the scribe anything. But that is the correct Verbage according to Alla. Interesting.

8. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

No issues noticed while:
    1. Starting Instance
    2. Changing Leaders
    3. Removing Characters
    4. Swapping Characters
    5. quitting instance while some are inside of instance
    6. quitting instance while some are LD and not online
    7. Attempting to create a new instance while 1 player is still inside of old instance.
    8. Attempting to create a new instance while 1 player is already on lockout.
    9. Attempting to Add players with lockout to existing Instance (Need to test this more)
    10. Attempting to Add more players to Instance that allowed.
    11. Attempting to Add players into instance during boss fight after initial lockouts are set.
    12. Quitting instance.
    13. Attempting to Zone into instance immediately after leaving instance
    14. Adding bots while out of zone
    15. Removing bots while out of zone
    16. Requesting someone while they are zoning
    17. Removing someone while they are zoning
    18. Leaving the invite window up and zoning and then accepting AFTER zoning
    19. Inviting more people than allowed and have all of them click accept at the same time.
    20. GM destroying instance while active with players inside.
    21. Remaining out of Zone while never stepping into instance, lockouts.
    22. Remaining in instance while someone quits or logs out.

Have not checked:

Inviting to instance BEFORE killing boss and then removing someone present prior to accepting the invite on the screen.

9. Attempting to Add players with lockout to existing Instance (Need to test this more)

I'll sleep on this and work on more with it tomorrow :) Goodnight. Hope this helps someone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cryk

Cryk Orc Pawn

Did not occur on the same races, I had human monks zone in fine and other human monks zone in under the world. All the monks were female as well if that tells you anything.

10. Denzig

Denzig Orc Centurion

MPG Raid Trial Specialization:

Lockout normal instead of doubled
    upload_2020-11-5_11-58-41.png

Offline player got lockout
    upload_2020-11-5_11-59-37.png

MPG Group Trial Efficiency:

Failed on purpose
    upload_2020-11-5_13-17-7.png

No lockout timer while in instance after fail message:
    upload_2020-11-5_13-17-47.png

After 5 minutes expedition cleared itself and booted me out to MPG.

Was immediately able to request and zone back in. There should be a 2 hour lockout from initiating the trial?

Beating the trial resulted in the correct 3 day lockout.

I started another Efficiency trial with 5 different players, and tried to invite one from the previous trial with a lockout into the expedition. Didn't work as shown here:
    upload_2020-11-5_14-41-42.png

I destroyed that id, invited the 6th player to the group first, then requested:
    upload_2020-11-5_14-45-32.png

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. hg

hg GM

This expedition doesn't lock on live. It should only let you flag up to 7 characters (as that's all the characters I had available at the time to confirm with on live)

These are all intentional changes to match live. You don't receive any messages once flagged

These are intentional changes. The room triggers were rewritten to behave like live. Once flagged that's the only response Okkanu gives

This sounds like some graveyard/instancing bug which the dz code doesn't touch. Was it longer than 15 minutes between the time the characters died and you attempted to resurrect them?

Yes this is the only message whether it's a temporary or permanent flag on live

Live doesn't give any lockouts for group mpg trials until you win

12. Elkay

Elkay Orc Pawn

Wow this is amazing that we'll have actual instances soon. I was just looking to start my own personal emu back up again, from fresh install. I literally just got a server installed and log-inable again. This instance stuff seems close(ish) to release. Is this the kind of thing that I should wait a little bit for the release (easily upgradeable?), or would it be worth just waiting for this release and doing clean install again? Not asking for any specific timeline, just a general gut feeling based on where I currently sit with a fresh install and itching a scratch to run an emu again. Thanks!

13. Kreegothx

Kreegothx Orc Pawn

Lair of the trapped ones appears to be bugged as the item you need to trade to the NPC is no trade. This resulted in the item not being able to be given to the person to proceed. This was solved by making the item tradable on my server.

14. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

@Kreegothx Many Quest items are No-Trade. You should still be able to give to an NPC.