EQBCS2 Connection Limit Question (too many connections error)

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Dafreman, Dec 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dafreman

Dafreman Orc Pawn

So I've scoured the forums and online in every place I could find, and I've noticed that there seems to be limits on the number of clients that can connect to the EQBCS2.exe client for MQ2, but I've also seen a thread where Chance mentioned connecting up to 72 players.

Once I hit 55 players, every connection after that gets a message "incoming client rejected -- too many connections".

I've tried and failed to find anything that allows you to overcome this limit - and seen where apparently other users from years back apparently had compiles that removed/upped this limit - is it a case of the eqbcs2.exe that we pulled down here has a limit hard-coded?

--Mugga/Meeatsu

2. Dafreman

Dafreman Orc Pawn

So for anyone else that runs into this - I finally dug into the source code, and yes - there is a "MAX_CLIENTS" variable set for limiting connections to the EQBCS2 client, and depending on which build you have, there will be a limit.

Was able to pull down the source from mqemulator.net, alter the variable, recompile it, and it allows me to surpass the limit I was running into.

3. MEL

MEL Orc Pawn

I have the same limit of 55, where did you find the source code on mqequlator? I would like to do the same.