Equipping chars

Discussion in 'General' started by thimashico, Jan 14, 2019.

1. thimashico

thimashico Orc Pawn

So how do you guys go about equipping your new chars or ? Ask community for help? Or just keep at it? New to server and not worried for now but I know around the 30s I need some gear for at least one of my toons lol.

2. Kilz

Kilz Administrator Staff Member

People /ooc free stuff all the time. Just keep watch. I wouldn't suggest going around panhandling.

3. doeda

doeda Orc Centurion

keep at it, defiant will drop if you're running more than 1 box you can easily do classic-kunark nameds for some certain drops freebies will always be given out!

4. thimashico

thimashico Orc Pawn

That’s what I was thinking.. defiant has really low drop rate though right? Or am I just unlucky?
    And yeah I’ll probably be farming around for drops. Do the “hot zones” have increased drop rate like on live?

5. Manu

Manu Orc Pawn

Ornate defiant has a 1% (or 2?) drop chance from any npc ingame from level 35-47 so I would focus on zones with mobs these levels. I personally spent a fair bit of time in City of Mist and Dulaks Harbor but you can use MQemulator (http://mqemulator.net/) to find good spots. My advice is if running a bard to get him all the plate pieces with instrument mods as it makes life easier when a bard has all the mods. For when you get higher I would recommend farming hotzone armor drops (see - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Hotzones), if you scroll down you'll see silverwing items from 2007-2008 and above that other items. They are very good for the difficulty and there is a drop for every class. You can also spend time going through the other zones for the augment drops. Afaik everything up to 2013 (assuming the zone is currently open on PEQ) should drop. The other zone which has some solid drops is Paw (65+ chars), have a look through the named and they have some solid items.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  6. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Step 1. Get some tutorial gear ..... leave tutorial .... Borrow DS , Regen, SOW, HP Buff... hit lvl 30 ... If you have plat stop by abysmal sea nad but the cheap vendor stuff for all slots.
    Step2. Goto Permafrost ,DSP, COM, Droga, Veksar, Velketar, Dulaks, Sirens, Cazic thule, Akheva, nadox,Riwwi......( have a good CR plan for each zone ) .... Keep killing stuff you'll have gear from each zone rotting while doing xp there .
    SOME GEAR TO THINK ABOUT
    NA ----- TUTORIAL CHARM + GLOOMSTEEL (Ratio 3 weapons without leaving tutorial )( if you have no help )
    REQ 20 Silverwing Loop - Mistmoore EAR
    REQ 25 Silverwing Circlet - Permaforst FINGER
    REQ 30 Shimmering Circlet of the Silverwing - Permafrost FINGER
    REQ 30 Silverwing Choker - Trakanon's Teeth NECK
    REQ 35 Silverwing Emblem - Warslik Woods RANGE
    REQ 35 Shield of the Mist - City of Mist - CASTER SHIELD MANA PRESS FOCUS
    REQ 40 Golem Essence Necklace - City of Mist - NECK HEAL FOCUS
    REQ 40 Silverwing Shoulderpad - Dawnshroud Peaks - SHOULDER
    REQ 45 Silverwing Cloak - Velketor's Labyrinth - BACK ZONEWIDE
    REC 45 Bowl of Bone Dust - Dulak's Harbor - SHIELD TANK
    REC 45 Razed Edged Shan'Tok - Veksar ( Ratio 1.66 Weapon)
    REQ 45 Reinforced Sandstone-Hilted Sword - Natimbi (Ratio 1.61 Weapon)
    REC 50 Gomdurig - Veksar ( Ratio 1.64 Weapon - Piercer +5% Backstab)
    REQ 50 Silverwing Faceguard - The Deep - FACE - ZONEWIDE
    REQ 50 Zonewide Charms - Akheva - CHARM - ZONEWIDE
    NA ----- Weapons - Akheva (all over on trash) - WEAPONS (Ratio 2 weapons)
    REQ 50 Band of Twilight - Veksar (25% drop on all hands) - FINGER
    REQ 50 Bloodgill Shaman's Effigy - Veksar -RANGED
    REQ 50 Bloodgill Shaman's Staff -Veksar - PRIMARY /SECONDARY - Spell Haste Focus
    REQ 50 Mark of Lunacy - GE - EARRING
    REQ 50 Earring of Grieg's Faithful - EARRING
    REQ 55 Silverwing Belt - Temple of Droga - WAIST - ZONEWIDE ****
    REQ 55 Zonewide Earrings - Nadox - Caster/Melee EARRINGS ZONEWIDE ****
    REC 56 Copper Hammer of Striking - Nuke+ Stun proc 1HB- Droga
    REQ 60 Silverwing Band - Nobles Causeway - EARRING
    REQ 65 Gleaming Hoop of the Silverwing - HOH - EARRING ZONEWIDE ****
    REQ 65 Glowing Hoop of the Silverwing - HOH - EARRING ZONEWIDE ****
    REQ 65 Jeweled Band of the Silverwing - HOH ( only a few npc ) - RING
    REQ 65 Polished Band of the Silverwing - HOH - RING
    REQ 65 Blessing of Agnarr - BoThunder - SHOULDER CASTER ZONEWIDE ****
    REQ 65 Pauldrons of the Eternal Storm - BoThunder - SHOULDER MELEE ZONEWIDE ****
    LDON Neck SUPER COMMON ---- Zonewide Neck - LDON Raid ****
    Put in Name Later ----- Zonewide Back - Riwwi ****
    Defiant will fill visibles but i would just keep farming gear and be glad if you get defiant.
    BARD INSTRUMENTS - GOTO KATTA, NW from succor point is merchant that sell Combine weapons.

step3. Keep farming these zones and get gear, plat, and finish off your spells.
    By this point you'll be ready for GOD,OOW beginning zones :)

I use WOS for filling up visiables

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ridiculous

Ridiculous Orc Pawn

Never new there was so many Silverwing drops. Thanks for the info!

8. tibbs

tibbs Orc Centurion

with all the listed items from veksar, how can you skip Soulscream Belt (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21436) ?

Srsly tho, awesome list. I just wanted to add Soulscream cuz I found it to be the least tedious, easiest, and best bang for buck haste item to camp.

9. tackleberry

tackleberry Orc Pawn

will happily give you some plat they sell armor in abysmal sea all sizes banded type which is enough to get you to 55 then alt access tactics and start farming ornate patterns , alt access sol ro when you can and you can get 20 patterns a night and gear up quick then make a push to 70 and start exping in zones like WOS / RCOD / RSS and you will get 100hp goodies

then do your kt flagging and gear up in kt / ikkinz / uqua and hopefully qvic if your still with us.

10. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

looking at the alternate quest for sol ro is it 1 flag per 1 hour in the WW part? and that if nobody is contesting you?

going to take a while with 42 toons!

11. chance

chance Enraged War Boar

Correct! 1 hour per bot ... BUT with 42 bots ... you can always just gear up and then flag yourself to solro :)

12. tackleberry

tackleberry Orc Pawn

Yea serious you ele yourself in 1 day with 42 if theres something you cant kill ask for help in ooc