Expedition System Request for Akkadius

Discussion in 'General' started by Drogerin, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Hello and welcome to my Expedition Walkthrough/Guide. This will tell you everything you need to know, and everything that I personally have knowledge about this system. I have played live through Rain of Fear and this is used quite often for Heroic Adventures and the such.

This is the picture of the Expedition window, in most cases it defaults to ALT + Z.
    In this screenshot you'll see what the window provides:

1. What expedition you're doing.
    2. Who is the leader of the expedition ( who got the mission, who was given leader when the player with the key got the mission, or often times, who is the raid leader )
    3. How many players can we have.
    4. How many players do we have.
    5. Do we want to end this expedition early.
    6. A list of all current members in this expedition.
    7. Are the members online, offline, or linkdead.
    8. Are the players flagged or 80/20 rule, ie need a key piece so they may be properly flagged
    9. What is the lockout time for the event, how much time until we can repeat this event/raid.
    10. What zone are we in.
    11. What is the name of the event we just did.
    12. Player targetted what player you currently have selected to either remove, maybe this party is linkdead, maybe the party had to log, we need to make room. So whoever you're "targetting" is whoever you may need to remove.
    13. Add a player to this expedition.
    14. Remove a player from this expedition.
    15. Make a player leader of this expedition.
    16. Invite anyone in your raid to this expedition.
    17. Invite anyone in your shared task to this expedition.

EXPEDITION.jpg

Now that we have the basics out of the way for the window. Lets go put this window to use.

Lets start with Tacvi since I have a key.

So lets take a look at our party now, We have a group of 2 people, myself and my druid.
    Lets open an instance!

EQ000028.jpg
    A Red Emote appears, You do not meet the

So you'll see in this case we have a raid of two players, but it looks like for Tacvi, we'll need 6! So lets ooc and get us some 6 people if we can!

We have ourselves 6 people now! Lets request the instance

EQ000030.jpg

In this image the Expedition has been accepted and the system is checking each player to see if they adequately fit the requirements to join this expedition.

After zoning in, we see that, Yes everyone in the list is able to Join.

EQ000031.jpg

Oh looks like Drogerinna just came on! She's in House of Thule2.
    Lets invite her!

We can't target her from inside Tacvi, so instead, lets use the prompt to add her

/dzadd Drogerinna

EQ000032.jpg
    And Drogerinna's Screen

EQ000033.jpg
    Success Drogerinna added as seen in yellow!

EQ000034.jpg
    Now lets kill Xxeric

Uh oh! Someone went offline, It shows us this in blue after about 5 min. Players who are offline will remain in the DZ until the DZ is ended or they are removed!

Lets kill Xxeric anyways, After killing her we receive a lockout in Red. EQ000037.jpg
    Players in other zones & even offline receive the lockout, so it is best to remove these people if they wish to do this zone with another group or such

EQ000036.jpg

Continued....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

EQ000038.jpg

Even Draconiae got a lockout!

Draconiae and Feyeith both had to leave, and Drogerinna wished to be removed so we can /dzremove Drogerinna

We only have 4 people in the expedition now, but you can still complete things, some instances require you to have a minimum amount in the zone, some only require you to have a minimum amount when you request the instance

EQ000041.jpg

Lets quit and go somewhere else.

Some places, like Plane of time, require only 1 player to get expedition

EQ000042.jpg

Each place will need to be trial'd and errored to be sure how many people are needed to receive each expedition.

I hope this helps, as this is all of my knowledge about the expedition system through the years of playing on live. Thx for what you do!

Enjoy!

3. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Fantastic work! Much appreciated! This will be very helpful!

We need a thread just like this for Shared Tasks now

4. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

Mackal brought it to my attention that there are a few more scenarios that i need to run through, which i'll be doing here shortly. Ie what happens if people do something together, then split off, etc. i'll have details soon.

5. Akkadius

Akkadius Administrator Staff Member

Yeah - if you can put yourself in the position of a developer, we're going to end up breaking down all scenarios so we can effectively design our data schemas and the overall system

ex: What happens if 1 person has a lockout and the other 5 don't etc.

Thanks again for your help!

6. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

Okay, so I killed Keldovan on my main 6 box on test. I then left zone, did /dzquit on everyone and invited another toon to the raid. I had that toon click the gate (got not lockouts) and the leader for the expedition was the raid leader. When we entered (there is no more lockout between requests, correction, lock out for anguish for replay timer is on spawn of commanders) my necro had no lockouts.

I also killed another named just in case, new toon just got a Ture lock out (and the replay timer from commanders)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  7. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

more questions I have: can you /dzadd someone with a Replay Timer but otherwise compatible lockouts?

If you start a brand new expedition (you had no lock outs) what happens when you /dzadd someone that does have some lockouts?