File Setup

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by lostlot, Mar 26, 2020.

1. lostlot

lostlot Orc Pawn

Im following the "E3 Macro Usage Guide". Ive downloaded the files. I think my file structure is flawed. After a few random changes, I still cant get beyond opening a port. I downloaded EQ from the Titanium Edition.
    My file setup is C: EQBoxing
    E3_RoF2 file folder
    EQ1999 file folder(titanium download)
    everquest_rof2 file folder
    Unzipped file folder....contains unzipped files from the Guide
    aria2c file
    client_download file
    the aria2c and client download file were auto placed there after unzipping files from E3 Guide above.
    Is the file setup that I have correct?

2. lostlot

lostlot Orc Pawn

I just noticed I should have placed this in E3 section

3. acatu

acatu A Griffin

You need to be on the RoF2 client.

4. lostlot

lostlot Orc Pawn

I did a reinstall of my EQ program and am now having difficulty getting it going again. Getting old suks. I followed the E3 Macro Guide, but am stuck at running mq3 and ecbs files. At this point I would be happy just getting the client to work so I can launch the game. If someone could paste a pic of of the client file that would be great. If my file setup is fubar, please advise. Thanks.....having EQ withdrawals
    filesetup.PNG

5. lostlot

lostlot Orc Pawn

I finally executed the client. 'sigh' k received a EQGraphicsDX9.DLL error Failed to load graphics DLL!
    I went through and downloaded the directx web-setup and executed it. This did not remedy the issue. Any suggestions?

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. acatu

acatu A Griffin

7. lostlot

lostlot Orc Pawn

thank you acatu for the suggestion. the update did not work on this 1/2ass windows 10 update BS version that I was told was necessary. I will search for a windows 10 version of the above link