hotzones...

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Requests' started by Xevia, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xevia

Xevia Orc Pawn

I am of the opinion we could benefit more from hotzones not being locked behind flags.. i.e. the elemental air plane, or KT. Someone who is just hitting 70 running 6 and no flags and hasn't been rushed through, they are a waste of a hot zone slot for me.

I feel we could benefit more from unlocked zones being used instead. Such as Nobles Causeway, WoS, or something similar.

Just my opinion, and maybe there's a reason for the mix.

2. Drogerin

Drogerin GM Staff Member

hotzones are locked behind keys on live, we follow live the best we can, some of the hotzones we have chose over live is because we aren't in the era's that they use. We also change our hotzones 3x a month and they change theirs every 3 months.

3. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

I'm also not flagged for these zones, but I see it as a if you get flagged you should have less competition sort of thing.

4. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Once you are flagged for these zones you will want the exact opposite.

5. jdestef

jdestef Orc Centurion

I propose a 4th window of time (or perhaps we merge two windows into one to make room for a new "third") and in this new window, there are no hotzones, but XP everywhere is boosted to hotzone levels.

I personally dislike hotzones because it forces me to XP in zones I generally dislike and is an objective waste of time grinding XP outside of those zones. That dynamic casts a shadow on playing the game.

6. donnylad

donnylad Orc Centurion

I understand what you're saying, but it's not very live like.

More double exp weekends/weeks would be more live like.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jdestef

jdestef Orc Centurion

Fair, but having 25 people on the server, each with 20-30-40-50 box accounts isn't live-like, either! :)

At the end of the day, we're not subject to DPG's policy. We can actually take input and adjust accordingly.

8. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

We do bonus XP too from time to time. Usually when a staff member notices live is doing one for some holiday.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.