Ideas on how to assist box looting?

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Khazidea, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Khazidea

Khazidea Orc Centurion

Hey guys,

Never really post much but I'm at a loss trying to narrow down a way to up my looting game.

I've got 36 toons, 35 running on a second pc and stripped down clients(despite following a million guides I'm still at 500-800mb an instance running on an FX8350 and 32gb of ram) but with /viewport 1 1 1 1, /hidecorpse all, and a few other basic tricks like minimizing my clients they perform fine outside of when I need to manually loot stuff. I remote into that PC with realVNC as it's the least laggy RDP form I've found to manage those clients.

My current route is to click a client, /target a corpse or simply right click or /loot but it's a lag fest, takes dozens of clicks to register the click and actually loot the item, nice chunk of lag to move it into a bag, and move onto the next. It's worked for most things if a bit frustrating.

This really slapped me in the face last night though after killing Emperor Ssra. I had forgotten the snakes stay spawned post kill and as such stood there baffled and silently raging as I was unable to loot the emp with my toons as well as loot the final parts for the VT key on my entire raid, manually doing it was entirely out of the question over corpse spam and being unable to refresh /hidecorpse all without neutralizing the corpses, not even considering the fact that they were getting chain summoned back to the snakes if they had tried to move away manually which would have taken minutes per character. I've been wanting to get into VT for like...6 years here and casually prepping for it, hate to think something like this is my downfall.

I know there's probably a super easy way to do this, going to toy around tonight with some variations of a hotkey to loot a specific item then if successfull apply it for the wraith's corpses.

/tar id "a shissar wraith's corpse"
    /pause 3
    /loot item ${planes rift.ID}

My other thought is something like a multiline hotkey to

/bct Botname1 //target "a shissar wraith's corpse"
    /loot item $[planes rift.ID}
    /bct Botname2 //target "a shissar wraith's corpse"
    /loot item $[planes rift.ID}
    repeating through each of my raid ensuring by spam clicking they all get to loot a planes rift.

Can any of you pro's toss a pointer out that would improve upon this idea?

2. Zimger

Zimger Orc Pawn

Not exactly what you are asking for, but worth sharing.

My stripped down client was also crazy laggy for a long time, to the point that looting was the hardest thing I did. Then I read The advanced guide by Barbatos and turned ON The 1.1/1.4/2.0 pixel shaders as well as Allow HW vertex shaders (advanced display options). Difference was incredible and the 31 toons running on stripped down client have zero latency/lag.

Before you go crazy with macros for looting it’s worth making sure this isn’t the culprit as it was for me. I assumed turning those off was better. Very wrong.

3. Khazidea

Khazidea Orc Centurion

I haven't gone back through that in some time, may have missed it so i'll take a gander.

Still run in to the issue of being chain summoned while trying to manually loot with each client....BUT it could theoretically work a lot better with swap window /tar /loot type setup if it didnt lag like hell.

4. kosmoss

kosmoss Orc Pawn

5. Khazidea

Khazidea Orc Centurion

Thank you so much, i'll practice this ahead of my next run.