item poofed on hand in during war 1,5

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Requests' started by aaelin, Aug 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaelin

aaelin Orc Pawn

i did a hand in to a smith called korezna orecleaver gave her water a few times she was rdy and i gave her ore and smithing plans nothing happend and the stuff is gone shes just standing there none responsive

chars name is my warrior called Genoside

thanks in advance hope someone has a fix or know of a way to get help from the gms

a frustrated warrior
    genoside

2. eonEQemu

eonEQemu Di`zok Warlord

1.5/2.0s have flags. These flags are hidden. You must follow all the text etc to get the flags before going to the next step or something like this can occur. Perhaps Go back and see if you missed anything. Ask others who have done the quest in game perhaps as well.

3. Coreidan

Coreidan Orc Pawn

From what I understand he had all of the flags. At this point in the quest you're supposed to hand water to Korezna until you get a message that says she is cooled off. You cannot get this cooled off message unless you have all of the flags that you're referring to. More specifically in the code, it is looking for the flag warrior_epic_korezna=1. When you get the cooling message then it sets the flag to 2. He got the cooling message, which means he got the flags. At this point he turned the ore and plans in, and got back nothing. Keep in mind Korezna is a event triggered mob. You have to hail a blacksmith, and only if you are at the right point in the quest will it spawn Korezna.

If the quest file was working correctly, then those items would actually be handed back in the event that you did not have the correct flags. This is evident in the quest file for Korezna. The fact that nothing was handed back would indicate to me the quest file errored at some point. That would be the only explanation that would make sense given the information given.

item_lib.return_items(e.self, e.other, e.trade);

That is at the end of the event function. If none of the other prereqs were met like the epic flags, etc, then those if statements would fail, but the line where return_items is always called. Therefore it would be impossible for you to lose your items if you didn't meet the requirements for the quest. There are only two explanations that I can think of. Either the quest errored and therefore the item return command never got executed in the quest, or the items were accidently handed to the wrong NPC. If you hand items to a non-quest NPC, they will take the items. If you hand items to a quest-NPC, they should always hand them back if they aren't relevant to the quest.

In other words this requires some testing and fixing. Reality is you will not get your items back and you will have to restart that part of the quest. My only real advice here is to always run the command #questerrors prior to doing a quest hand-in, because if a quest is in a broken state you should see it in the output of that command.

I hope this adds context to the situation.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  4. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

This isn't 100% true. Some quest NPCs still eat items. Returning items must be manually coded (correctly) and not all are.

5. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

This is incorrect.

6. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  7. Tharsis

Tharsis Orc Legionnaire

Yup. Just tested again. A SK can hand in items to Laura Rako in Lavastorm and every item is eaten/destroyed.

8. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

I interrupted your statement differently, those missing the not manually coded (see how I read your statement?) item_lib.return_items won't return things.

9. joligario

joligario GM Staff Member

Several item returns were added months ago (thanks mackal!)

As for the original post - let me know if you want me to set a flag backwards for you so you can complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.