MQ2 Channels

Discussion in 'General MQ2' started by Hive, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Hi all,

I've just got my first group to level 70 recently (yay!) and my second group is now at lvl 20. I've heard a bit about being able to create channels in MQ2 so that I can issue commands to certain toons but not all of them (like only group2 do this action) but I can't find a good resource on them. This post is all I could find on it. Is this accurate? All I have to do is have each character join the channel I want with /bccmd channels <channelname> and then /bct <channelname> //command. Would this work with /only and /not?

Or is there a better way? How do you guys issue commands to only certain groups?

Thanks!

2. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

That post is accurate, but e3 isn't really set up for using them :p so ... yeah.

3. Hive

Hive Froglok Krup Watcher

Well at least I can use them for things like getting TLs from my only wiz. It works well for regular /commands. Does anyone have some tricks for commanding by group? Or a resource they could link. Commanding by group seems really useful when you are PLing your second =D

4. mackal

mackal Pyrilen Fireblade

Most things should accept /only|group with e3 commands.

5. Claudelamont

Claudelamont Orc Pawn

I use /only|<group member names>
    /assistme /only|Stargazed Training Stomo Tonight Mudder Priority

6. emir

emir Orc Warlord

It is not the preffered technique for the vast majority of player that uses e3. But here's what I do.
    In the macroquest folder you will find a mq2eqbc.ini file
    In that file, by default you will find :
    Code:
    [Last Connect]
    Server=127.0.0.1
    Port=2112
    [Settings]
    TellWatch=1
    ReconnectRetrySeconds=5
    AutoConnect=0
    Under that, you can writhe down your toon name and some channel you want them to join like this :

After that you can issue /bct commands that only affects those in the designated channel.

Best,

Emir